Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

2 minutes ago, ropy said:

Foot injury, I take it he kicked the ground?

I'm genuinely not sure. I followed the ball then looked round and he was lying crumpled on the ground. It looked like it happened in a challenge, though it all seemed quite innocuous. It's quite possible he got his studs caught in the artificial turf and he did his ankle. The game was stopped for a good 5 minutes while they got him off the park though and he spent ages on the touchline with the physio. I think Flow even came down from the TV gantry bit to see what was wrong then they sent the sub goalie in to get crutches for him.

I'm genuinely not sure. I followed the ball then looked round and he was lying crumpled on the ground. It looked like it happened in a challenge, though it all seemed quite innocuous. It's quite possible he got his studs caught in the artificial turf and he did his ankle. The game was stopped for a good 5 minutes while they got him off the park though and he spent ages on the touchline with the physio. I think Flow even came down from the TV gantry bit to see what was wrong then they sent the sub goalie in to get crutches for him.

Did he not take to twitter demanding astroturf be banned after he got injured?

Think he tripped over his petted lip when applying his fake tan one day before going to Beeffa with his Love Island/Geordie Shore buddies.

Get rid asap in my opinion. Spending wages and Physio time on this haddy.

4 hours ago, DasSchalke said:

I'd agree with you on that. It's a sorry state of affairs that top end, third tier English clubs can match and also outbid Scottish teams.

Will they though? That's my question. Motherwell could reject the £300k/£350k, keep Moult for another year, he then has a poor season for all we know and leaves for nothing next summer. No business model is set up for that.

I can't say for certain as I've no idea who may or may not be interested in Moult but if Leeds were willing to pay us £500k for Erwin (6 goals in 37 games), Brighton willing to pay £230k for Ben Hall who had barely played 20 games and we got a deal worth c.£650k + sell on for Marvin Johnson from Oxford then it's not a huge stretch to think that the club would be able to find a buyer for Moult in England by the end of the window who would be willing to pay more than Aberdeen and closer to Motherwell's valuation.

Alternatively there's always the possibility that Moult might decide to sign the extension that's on the table. In that respect Motherwell's position is hardly a huge surprise, especially if they are still in the process of negotiating on the extension. If you're in the middle of a contract negotiation then unless the player has said he's not intending signing then why would you sell him to a rival at this point? He may sign, he may not but until there's a resolution one way or another just wilfully cashing in for less than your valuation while there's still almost 2 months of the window to go doesn't seem the best idea. No?

As it stands it looks like Ben Heneghan's the player the club have decided to try and sell on this window with Hull, Burnley and Sheffield United all having been quoted as being interested. If that move goes through then there's less incentive for Motherwell to sell Moult. Bear in mind that the club knocked back two offers for him last season because they didn't suit as well, they also knocked back two well documented bids for Scott McDonald opting to keep him at the club and let him go at the end of the season.

The position from the club is clear, unless a bid comes in that meets their valuation and makes it worth their while to sell then they're comfortable retaining the services of the player. Alan Burrows has been consistent on that point of value, which is what Swello was getting at in his post earlier. Moult's scored 36 goals in 76 games and effectively kept us in the league. In an obvious, practical sense his value to the team is more than the £250k quoted, in fact there's some speculation that the offer from Aberdeen was actually less than that.

Edited by capt_oats

4 hours ago, capt_oats said:

Does Flow go to many Development League games? He's always around at our clashes.

I find it admirable that he continues to go and watch them but surely he has better club related things to do with his time?

Does Flow go to many Development League games? He's always around at our clashes.
I find it admirable that he continues to go and watch them but surely he has better club related things to do with his time?

He's at most of them I think aye. In fairness at 7pm on a Tuesday evening I think he's pretty entitled to spend his time as he pleases.

24 minutes ago, capt_oats said:

He's at most of them I think aye. In fairness at 7pm on a Tuesday evening I think he's pretty entitled to spend his time as he pleases.

He's clearly got an excellent work-life balance, but as everyone in football knows it isn't a 9=5 job!

The fact he goes to so many Development League games can only be beneficial for the club - evidenced by the recent success you have enjoyed at the level.

Hopefully there are many others around the country who look at the Development League fixture list and instantly tally up their visits to the Excelsior Stadium!

I can't remember the last time a player was as universally disliked as much as Blyth - and not just for being pish at football. Even Samson had some sympathisers for a while.

I've disliked plenty of players for being pish but appreciated that they're probably nice guys so tried not to be too harsh. Blyth just seems an absolute c**t in every sense.

The only player that I can think of coming close is Calum Elliot who spent his time complaining about how hard life was living in Motherwell. And he was shite.

They've been on a tour of the highland clubs, played against the mighty Nairn County tonight, hardly special opposition lol

If there wasn't any opposition on the the park that would still be a wtf moment.

I just can't see Motherwell getting their £500k valuation for him.
Is he not out of contract next summer too? £300k, with potentially another player, would be a tempting offer.

Agreed he's had a good season, 300k is right. Look at the likes of Boyce and Stewart who left for England, both were much better players than Moult and they didn't get much more than 400k

2 hours ago, UnitedLoon63 said:

Agreed he's had a good season, 300k is right. Look at the likes of Boyce and Stewart who left for England, both were much better players than Moult and they didn't get much more than 400k

giphy.gif