Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

14 minutes ago, Swello said:

Having Hibs back in the league makes the Fixture list look a bit tougher certainly (even if the reality turns out to be different). We really need to do a lot better at Home this season to avoid being in the play-off grubber again...

Not massively worried by Hibs, tbh. They'll do what they always do and talk a superb game and end up be wholly uninteresting.

So, Scott Burns is reporting that the great Ben Heneghan bidding war of 2017 is actually a thing. Barnsley, Sheffield United and Cardiff apparently interested. Imagine we get more for him off Barnsley than Thistle did for Lindsay, that'd be some laugh.

Oh, and Kenny Millar has Zak Jules signing for Shrewsbury despite Reading having offered him a deal along with "interest from English Premier League and Championship clubs."

52 minutes ago, capt_oats said:

Oh, and Kenny Millar has Zak Jules signing for Shrewsbury despite Reading having offered him a deal along with "interest from English Premier League and Championship clubs."

Never forget:

giphy.gif

12 minutes ago, Swello said:

Somebody needs to sign up with the user name WishaeShrew or whatever and drop the above GIFs into that thread and enjoy the reaction :)

So many moments to choose from. These are just the ones that cost us goals as well.

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Those clips actually show most of big Zak contribution for us. Giving away 4 needless goals. He really was brutal. 

Thing is would not surprise me if he has an OK career. We have had a few players leave us who we thought were rubbish and have done OK. Theo Robinson and Nathan Thomas both getting transfer fees recently. 

Ben Henaghan I think is a decent defender and certainly when he had Mick beside him he performed well. When Mick East injured his form dipped, but if there are a few clubs in for him I suspect they will know more about his potential than most Well fans myself included. 

I actually like Joe Chalmers. Was not the best player but did actually have a couple of decent games. I think he could cope in the championship if he managed to string a decent run of games together. 

My big fear is still Moult. We have apparently made him an offer but there has been silence on that. If we managed to sell Heneghan and could move on Blyth and Bowman I would be very happy to see Moult stay for his (probable) final season. To lose his goals and late in the window would be tough to take.