Celtic Summer Activity thread

3 hours ago, paddymcp said:

Paddy Roberts wasn't a regular for the vast amounts of last season. Probably in the minority but id say hes over rated and certainly not indispensable. We could definelty get value if hes going to be priced at silly amounts like 10million.

A new GK, CB, Winger and striker if Dembele is sold please.

If we do buy him, it certainly won't be £10 million. 5 to 6 million most likely with a huge sell on clause to Man City, my opinion anyway and I have got it wrong, more than a few times. :)

Can't see Rogers letting Dembele go until we find out if Celtic reach the group stages in the Champions League, if Celtic fail then I'd expect Dembele to be punted for a decent price to keep the financials healthy.

Our defence?, An older experienced solid centre back with a brain to read the game and organise that defence of ours that falls to pieces in Europe.

I think Celtic need cover for Broony just incase he either loses his shit and gets suspended, injured or just isn't performing to his best and gets benched.

Striker is a difficult one? Most decent strikers end up in the better leagues and get paid a kings ransom. A good few of them just to warm the bench, so I think Rogers will most likely try to get a striker on loan as I can't see Celtic fork out tens of millions for a striker we know can find the back of the net. Especially for an assault in Europe that doesn't embarrass the club and it's fans. :lol:

• 5 months later...
  • Replies 587
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, gannonball said:

Linked with Hendry of Dundee and Morgan at St Mirren today. Apparently both at CP last night. Morgan I have seen play for Scottish u21s and looks decent but neither would be anywhere near the team initally I would imagine.

The fact that they were both at CP last night means nothing.

Hendry has the potential to be the best CH in Scotland. He plays very much like John Stones and his weaknesses are the same in that he can have lapses of concentration. Excellent on the ball, happy to drive forward and great in the air. You'd either give him the Scott Allan treatment or allow him to develop into your next great CH which is a position Celtic badly need to strengthen. Is he ready for European football though? Probably not, but at 22 he needs games.

Suppose it depends if you're willing to spend 500k-£1mil on a CH that has a big future, but won't instantly solve the European CH crisis you guys have

Never stopped you lot before. 

No it hasn't, we do have a decent record of buying young players and developing them to a point where EPL clubs come hunting though. We are now in a position that to get players better than our own will mean breaking our structure and transfer record, this is why we develop players rather than the ready made route.

The fact that they were both at CP last night means nothing.
Hendry has the potential to be the best CH in Scotland. He plays very much like John Stones and his weaknesses are the same in that he can have lapses of concentration. Excellent on the ball, happy to drive forward and great in the air. You'd either give him the Scott Allan treatment or allow him to develop into your next great CH which is a position Celtic badly need to strengthen. Is he ready for European football though? Probably not, but at 22 he needs games.
Suppose it depends if you're willing to spend 500k-£1mil on a CH that has a big future, but won't instantly solve the European CH crisis you guys have

Must admit I know very little about Hendry, I doubt he is any better than Ajer though who is also younger.

Just now, gannonball said:

No it hasn't, we do have a decent record of buying young players and developing them to a point where EPL clubs come hunting though. We are now in a position that to get players better than our own will mean breaking our structure and transfer record, this is why we develop players rather than the ready made route.

Must admit I know very little about Hendry, I doubt he is any better than Ajer though who is also younger.

He's not much worse than some of the haddy's you have playing at CH and if Ajer can't get in at the expense of a CM playing at CH, then I'd suggest he is. This is all just idle speculation though - the real reason you guys are linked is that Hendry joined a new agency less than 3 days ago, hence how his name is being whored out right now.

He's not much worse than some of the haddy's you have playing at CH and if Ajer can't get in at the expense of a CM playing at CH, then I'd suggest he is. This is all just idle speculation though - the real reason you guys are linked is that Hendry joined a new agency less than 3 days ago, hence how his name is being whored out right now.

The Morgan story does appear to have more substance as we were linked with not long after we played the saints in the cup last year, hes also out of contract end of the season i think too.

Linked with German right back Martin Compper today. Was a tad suprised as he is 32 so clearly isnt a replacement for Lustig. I can remember Rodgers saying a month ago about wanting to sign players in January for next seasons champions league qualifiers due to the world cup. With Lustig and Gamboa at it this link kind of makes sense.

Linked with German right back Martin Compper today. Was a tad suprised as he is 32 so clearly isnt a replacement for Lustig. I can remember Rodgers saying a month ago about wanting to sign players in January for next seasons champions league qualifiers due to the world cup. With Lustig and Gamboa at it this link kind of makes sense.

He's not a right back though, in fact he's not even right footed.

• 2 weeks later...
Was 50M at one point Hehe.  I am sure celtic would accept 18 in a heart beat.
Sky Sports reporting its Brighton who've had an offer accepted, strange how a "nothing club" battling relegation can effortlessly take the best striker from one of the "biggest clubs in world football"

1 minute ago, RandomGuy. said:
5 minutes ago, Guts said:
Was 50M at one point Hehe.  I am sure celtic would accept 18 in a heart beat.

Sky Sports reporting its Brighton who've had an offer accepted, strange how a "nothing club" battling relegation can effortlessly take the best striker from one of the "biggest clubs in world football"

It's not that strange really, money talks. 

Archived