Celtic Summer Activity thread

• Replies 587
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Could see Fisher staying at St Johnstone to be honest, by all accounts he seems to have flourished there. Wouldn't mind us having a look at Will Grigg (song would be a bonus), with Caldwell being the Wigan boss, if it looks likely Grigg could go, surely we'd have a good chance at signing him?

Fishers future is completely up in the air until your new manager comes in and evaluates him.

Our manager is talking about the defence being fully stocked in his eyes, but i think hes keeping a space open in case Fishers available.

Fishers future is completely up in the air until your new manager comes in and evaluates him.

Our manager is talking about the defence being fully stocked in his eyes, but i think hes keeping a space open in case Fishers available.

I could be wrong here but I reckon Fisher has practically no chance of being first choice at Celtic next season. That's not me saying he's a bad player btw. I just think Celtic will go baws out due to Rangers being in the league and look to bring in a few new players. He's already got Lustig and Janko as competition as it stands.

His best move would be signing for Saints permanently imo. He really needs games at this stage of his career. Going by Wiki he's played under 30 first team games at 22. A two year contract with Saints, or another decent premiership team, would give him a bit of stability.

Fisher's has played around 45-50 first team games, his future at Celtic probably depends on whether Janko stays around, there have been some rumours that he and his girlfriend haven't settled in Scotland and want a move back south, think at the moment it will be a similar situation as with Jackson Irvine last summer, Fisher will play pre-season with Celtic and then we will get a decision.

I could be wrong here but I reckon Fisher has practically no chance of being first choice at Celtic next season. That's not me saying he's a bad player btw. I just think Celtic will go baws out due to Rangers being in the league and look to bring in a few new players. He's already got Lustig and Janko as competition as it stands.

His best move would be signing for Saints permanently imo. He really needs games at this stage of his career. Going by Wiki he's played under 30 first team games at 22. A two year contract with Saints, or another decent premiership team, would give him a bit of stability.

Just presuming by his Twitter and comments in the papers, but I think he's desperate to make it at Celtic so would likely accept a bit of a bit-part role in the hope it leads to more.

You think he would rather try and make it at Celtic than sign for st Johnstone?

At the moment i think he still believes hes good enough to make it there and obviously sees playing for them a more attractive proposition

Just presuming by his Twitter and comments in the papers, but I think he's desperate to make it at Celtic so would likely accept a bit of a bit-part role in the hope it leads to more.

If It was me I would prefer to go to a Club and try and play every week, end of the day its a short career however on the flipside if the above is true you cannot fault the guy for being determined to try and make it at Celtic and try and get in the team more regularly

Aye I saw him in the papers saying he was going back to fight for a space. If the new manager does come in and doesn't rate him then he would be best moving on before the window shuts.

As much as I admire his determination, I don't fancy his chances. Lustig and Janko are already there and we brought another right back off the bench the other week in Anthony Ralston, another youngster. Obviously it all comes down to whoever the new manager is and what he fancies.

For what its worth, I always rated Fisher whenever he played for us, don't remember him ever doing anything wrong. Perhaps just wasn't the right time.

• 2 weeks later...

Richards looks like he's away to now to Brazil. Didn't want him here but he seemed to be decent enough when given the chance. Not bothered he's away though, don't have much faith in our scouts picking strikers however. Hopefully with Rodgers contacts he has an ace up his sleeve.

Richards looks like he's away to now to Brazil. Didn't want him here but he seemed to be decent enough when given the chance. Not bothered he's away though, don't have much faith in our scouts picking strikers however. Hopefully with Rodgers contacts he has an ace up his sleeve.

Decent enough really?

He looked shite every time I saw him, albeit that was only 2 or 3 times, plus it's difficult to showcase your talents at fortress Pittodrie.

Archived