Offensive Behaviour at Football Act cave in.

Glenconner

There is zero need to a new set of laws around football and zero need for the stupid OBAFA.

Existing laws are perfectly fine and able to deal with any issues. It's just that they aren't used.

Edited by DA Baracus

53 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

There is zero need to a new set of laws around football and zero need for the stupid OBAFA.

Existing laws are perfectly fine and able to deal with any issues. It's just that they aren't used.

12 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

Because the vast majority of football games in Scotland have zero issues, and any that do can easily be sorted by existing laws.

Conclusion:  no need to repeal OBF then.

9 minutes ago, Baxter Parp said:

Conclusion:  no need to repeal OBF then.

If he thinks there is no need for it because existing laws cover it, and that there are no issues at the majority of matches, this conclusion takes a fair bit of twisting to come to.

I'd say the police have neither the man power nor inclination to get involved with large crowds. They would rather contain it and disperse it peacefully than risk having 40 or 50 officers hugely outnumbered and on the end of a tanking.

I'd have thought at a minimum that many involved could be charged with the old catch all solution of Breach of the Peace. I'm fairly sure that the nazi salutes would be covered by something specific also but can't say that with any certainty.

22 minutes ago, Ross. said:

If he thinks there is no need for it because existing laws cover it, and that there are no issues at the majority of matches, this conclusion takes a fair bit of twisting to come to.

OBF is an existing law and is clearly successful because "the vast majority of football games in Scotland have zero issues". Therefore there is no need to repeal it.  QED.

3 minutes ago, Baxter Parp said:

OBF is an existing law and is clearly successful because "the vast majority of football games in Scotland have zero issues". Therefore there is no need to repeal it.  QED.

Logical fallacy there. You are saying that before OBAF the vast majority of football games did not have zero issues, which is clearly untrue.

4 minutes ago, Ross. said:

Logical fallacy there. You are saying that before OBAF the vast majority of football games did not have zero issues, which is clearly untrue.

No I'm saying that zero issues at the vast majority of football games is evidence that OBF is effective. Are you saying that DA Baracus is lying and that there are in fact issues at football matches?

1 minute ago, Baxter Parp said:

No I'm saying that zero issues at the vast majority of football games is evidence that OBF is effective. Are you saying that DA Baracus is lying and that there are in fact issues at football matches?

No. I'm saying that the lack of incident at the majority of matches has nothing to do with OBAF. There was a similar lack of incident at the majority of matches pre OBAF also.

4 minutes ago, Ross. said:

No. I'm saying that the lack of incident at the majority of matches has nothing to do with OBAF. There was a similar lack of incident at the majority of matches pre OBAF also.

OBAF was brought in because there were no problems involving sectarianism or offensive behaviour at the majority of matches?  That seems counter-intuitive, right?  Why would that happen?

1 minute ago, Baxter Parp said:

OBAF was brought in because there were no problems involving sectarianism or offensive behaviour at the majority of matches?  That seems counter-intuitive, right?  Why would that happen?

Politics is never counter intuitive, ever, eh?

It was brought in due to the press reaction to one particular game, that actually saw less happen off the park than on it. It was brought in because the SNP thought they could knock home a tap in that most wouldn't argue with because of the tone of the press reporting at the time. It was brought in because Stephen House was an arrogant tosser who wanted to make a name for himself by having a huge influence in politics. It was brought in for a whole host of reasons beyond the want to improve the behaviour of fans at games.

The overwhelming majority of matches in Scotland, certainly since the casual culture died off in the late 80's, have passed off with next to no incident worth reporting, save for the odd drunken bam. OBAF has had no impact on that. You know that this is the case but you just can't admit that the Scottish Government got it wrong. That is pretty sad in all honesty.

If you disagree with my statement that OBAF has had next to no impact on fan behaviour, I would ask that you back it up with facts that show there has been a noticeable reduction in said behaviour since the introduction of OBAF and that the offences people have been convicted of could/would not have resulted in a conviction pre OBAF then all you have is your opinion, which looks to me to be clearly biased by your preference in political parties.

2 minutes ago, Ross. said:

all you have is your opinion, which looks to me to be clearly biased by your preference in political parties.

Yet you don't like it because of the SNP and because Stephen House is an arrogant tosser, which is much better, right?

If you think there's no need for the OBF then you condone this:

bearscum.jpg

So f**k you, chum.