Offensive Behaviour at Football Act cave in.

Glenconner

Strict liability.
The SFA

That's how we ended up with an unpopular law in the first place.

Our whole game is sold on two sides who have no interest in tackling bigotry and a ruling body who are petrified of them.

4 hours ago, Baxter Parp said:

What do you think the consequences of the police wading into a crowd of football fans and arresting 10,000 or 20,000 of them would be?

Two points out of this comment

1 - what number would you suggest that the police should tackle or wade  into?

2 - why have the football authorities done nothing yet again.?  A few games behind closed doors until they got the message would suddenly bring a different attitude

8 minutes ago, Moonglum25 said:

Two points out of this comment

1 - what number would you suggest that the police should tackle or wade  into?

As many that would stop the others from doing it.

9 minutes ago, Moonglum25 said:

2 - why have the football authorities done nothing yet again.? 

We know why, don't kid yourself.

20 hours ago, bob the tank said:

The bigot brothers want it binned, so the parliamentary supporters of the ugly sisters unite to get it repealed, that is the story.

Not true, myself and other bears support it. Our fans have been told often enough what's acceptable to sing/shout etc, if anyone's daft enough not to get that then they deserve all they get. Scotland needed move on.

Most of the campaigning against it appears to be coming from our green n grey friends.

The most offended I’ve been at football is hearing Aberdeen and to a lesser extent Hibs supporters use paedophilia as one upmanship on the way to Hampden. You expect that stuff from the **** plus you don’t have to mix with them on a train platform. I could care not a jot whether the Pope or the IRA get fucked. Nonetheless, causing offence should not be a crime.

Not true, myself and other bears support it. Our fans have been told often enough what's acceptable to sing/shout etc, if anyone's daft enough not to get that then they deserve all they get. Scotland needed move on.
Most of the campaigning against it appears to be coming from our green n grey friends.

Good on you for supporting it, but not just fans of your rivals supporting the repeal, with top bluenose Murdo "queens eleven" Fraser in the vanguard

13 minutes ago, bob the tank said:

Good on you for supporting it, but not just fans of your rivals supporting the repeal, with top bluenose Murdo "queens eleven" Fraser in the vanguard

Aye well he's a Tory, in an ideal world......

I think it's an over simplification to portray this as just a bigotry thing.
Football stadiums seem to be fair game for the most outrageous behaviour.
There's an angry family that sit near me, they flagellate and offend with no idea on their absurdity.
Referees are their speciality; first few minutes last Saturday and in the context of a benign game.... "you're a f***ing pr1ck like the rest of them"
There's no humour, no nuance, just common or garden aggression. It seems to me to speak of an underlying male tension which is an ugly and disfiguring thing.
It's time for a change.

Some folk won’t be happy until a football match is as sanitised as going to ice hockey. If you don’t like it then sit elsewhere.

27 minutes ago, The Chlamydia Kid said:

Some folk won’t be happy until a football match is as sanitised as going to ice hockey. If you don’t like it then sit elsewhere.

I invite you to consider the concept of nuance.

Try it, you might like it.

I invite you to consider the concept of nuance.
Try it, you might like it.

Gotta agree, there’s nothing worse than sitting near someone who just swears and gesticulates wildly at absolutely nothing, a constant barrage of vulgar insults in a complete over reaction to what’s actually happening on the park, totally unaware of those sat around them.
Often think to myself is really why you come to the football, and is this how you generally conduct yourself on the street, in the pub at work etc..etc.. ???

I can understand it in the heat of the moment, perhaps on a contentious decision in a ‘high octane’ game, but not throughout the 90 minutes of a dull goalless draw......

I’ve gotta stop taking my Mother to the game.

12 minutes ago, RedRob72 said:

Gotta agree, there’s nothing worse than sitting near someone who just swears and gesticulates wildly at absolutely nothing, a constant barrage of vulgar insults in a complete over reaction to what’s actually happening on the park, totally unaware of those sat around them.
Often think to myself is really why you come to the football, and is this how you generally conduct yourself on the street, in the pub at work etc..etc.. ???

I can understand it in the heat of the moment, perhaps on a contentious decision in a ‘high octane’ game, but not throughout the 90 minutes of a dull goalless draw......

I’ve gotta stop taking my Mother to the game.

I have a joke for you Wes

What does a loyalist woman do with her fanny before having great sex?

Drops him off at Ibrox

I have a joke for you Wes

What does a loyalist woman do with her fanny before having great sex?

Drops him off at Ibrox

Disappointing Pep, not even a smirk, kinda expected better than that from you with so much material to work with, got any more?