Offensive Behaviour at Football Act cave in.

Glenconner

7 minutes ago, Suspect Device said:

It's not restricted to bigoted songs. It's offensive behaviour.

And the PF will not be the one arresting people at the football, it will be the police. They will decide what is offensive and we all know that the policing of OF fans and non OF fans is not the same.

To quote a policeman when asked if he thought the songs that the Celtic fans were singing were illegal under the law, he replied "Do you expect me to arrest them all?"

Nest week we play Motherwell and the police will arrest folk for f**k all. (Or at least chuck them out)

The of will decide if you get prosecuted and it's to target bigoted songs normal football chants Will be fine.

It is supported by around 80% of the public, only bigots opposite it.

I was disagreeing that only bigots oppose it. 

Edit: Also, there are plenty of 'normal' football chants which could be deemed offensive. It may be originally targeted at the bigots but it can be easily extended for anything that may be deemed offensive.

Edited by Suspect Device

It’s far too simplistic to say “if you don’t sing sectarian songs, you have nothing to worry about”.

Two Hamilton fans were charged under this legislation for singing “well, well f**k yer well” towards Motherwell fans and a Falkirk fan was charged for sticking two fingers up at Dunfermline fans.

Its an outrageous piece of legislation that needs binned ASAP.

I say that as an SNP member.

7 hours ago, Hammer Jag said:

It’s far too simplistic to say “if you don’t sing sectarian songs, you have nothing to worry about”.

Two Hamilton fans were charged under this legislation for singing “well, well f**k yer well” towards Motherwell fans and a Falkirk fan was charged for sticking two fingers up at Dunfermline fans.

What happened to them?

4 minutes ago, Baxter Parp said:

What happened to them?

Does it really matter if they were prosecuted or not? The point is that they were arrested for next to f**k all and proves that the legislation was not brought in purely to stamp out sectarianism. 

Glad to see some sense in Holyrood an no surprise to see the SNP never admitting when they're wrong.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-scotland-politics-42718684

Opponents of the law say it is poorly written, unnecessary in light of existing legislation and unfairly targets football fans - a position now endorsed by Holyrood's justice committee.  are just bigots.

1 minute ago, Randy Giles said:

Kicked out of a football game they paid money for and arrested for absolutely nothing. I'd say that's fairly significant, and so would anyone that it's unfairly happened to I imagine.

Are they the first folk ever kicked out of a football match for "absolutely nothing"?  Because I'm pretty sure I've heard of that happening to fans before and long before the Act came in to force.

42 minutes ago, Randy Giles said:

Okay, let's get involved in your pathetic whataboutery there. Do you think that makes it okay that it's the exact sort of thing this act is used to do?

I think if it wasn't that it would be some other law.  What do you think they've been doing with Breach of the Peace for decade after decade after decade? The act isn't at fault here, the police are. 

Edited by Baxter Parp