Queen's Park FC 2016/17 Thread

• Replies 598
  • Created
  • Last Reply
23 hours ago, Mick1867 said:

I just pray those pesky Angus clubs will have merged into one by then

Or that Clyde fold after putting themselves back in debt again following their ridiculously disproportionate overspending in their latest futile attempt to regain the status that their disillusioned fans believe fitting of such a "massive" club

3 hours ago, Bring Your Own Socks said:

Or that Montrose buy Clyde (say, £50) and use them as a feeder team from the central belt.

Like your line of thought BYOS, but why on earth would Montrose pay over the odds to take on a liability?

Whatever happens over the next two weeks, it's been a belter of a season.  Added to our outstanding year, we have to thank Barry and the boys for giving us an endless stream of laughter.  It's a long time since I've enjoyed a season so much.

God bless you, Gus.

QPSA Award Winners from Saturday night

QPSA Player of the Year - Ryan McGeever

Travel Club POTY - Jamie McKernon 

Young Spiders POTY - Ryan McGeever 

Goal of the season - David Galt v Morton, Irn Bru Cup

The club committee also gave out their awards.

POTY - Ryan McGeever

Young POTY - Ross Millen

1 hour ago, Mick1867 said:

QPSA Award Winners from Saturday night

QPSA Player of the Year - Ryan McGeever

Travel Club POTY - Jamie McKernon 

Young Spiders POTY - Ryan McGeever 

Goal of the season - David Galt v Morton, Irn Bru Cup

The club committee also gave out their awards.

POTY - Ryan McGeever

Young POTY - Ross Millen

Delighted to see all 4 of those players getting acknowledged. 

McGeever.

59070e2044bb6_DuncanMcKay.jpg.7abba29663169918a91adcdb33b765bd.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/9/2017 at 18:17, Francesc Fabregas said:

Alright lads, it's probably well worth your time to subscribe to the latest issue of Nutmeg magazine. I've written a long read about Queen's Park's promotion-winning side of 2006/07, for my money the best lower-league team I've ever seen. I interviewed Billy Stark and some of his players and it gives a pretty comprehensive overview of an exceptional season (I think so, anyway).

I'll stick it up on Tell Him He's Pelé on the 10th anniversary in May (hopefully with photos from the season!) but in the meantime, use the link above to get your hands on it.

IMG_3257.JPG

Alright lads, today marks the 10th anniversary of Queen's Park's promotion to the Second Division. If you've nothing better to do, I've added the article to Tell Him He's Pelé. I hope you enjoy it. It features interviews with Billy Stark, Damiano Agostini, Mark Ferry, David Weatherston, Alan Trouten and Stevie Canning.

Read in here - CLICK.

2 hours ago, Francesc Fabregas said:

Alright lads, today marks the 10th anniversary of Queen's Park's promotion to the Second Division. If you've nothing better to do, I've added the article to Tell Him He's Pelé. I hope you enjoy it. It features interviews with Billy Stark, Damiano Agostini, Mark Ferry, David Weatherston, Alan Trouten and Stevie Canning.

Read in here - CLICK.

Absolutely superb stuff; well done.  It does a great job of getting over how good that team were.

7 hours ago, Francesc Fabregas said:

Read in here - CLICK.

Outstanding work sir. Welling up, goosebumps, the lot..  

Remember the 2 final legs well. Queens were just brilliant in the second leg all-be-it the first minute goal took the sting out of East Fife. Very, very good side that

Great photos . My son and I often go through what is the best QP side we have seen . Andrew Robertson does not make the team lucky to have many good left backs . So many really good players over the last 30+ years just your luck if a big team comes in for you .

Read in here - CLICK.

Bought issue 3 of Nutmeg specifically for this article . Great read ... as is the rest of the issue .

Interesting reaction from Brendan Rodgers following last night's tiff with Leigh Griffiths "I spoke to him this morning at length. He apologised sincerely for his reaction. But we draw a line under it now and we'll move on". I just wonder if Paul Woods wanted to come back next season whether Gus would give him another chance or not, but if Kilby win tomorrow (with six ex-Spiders in their squad!) then I reckon there's no chance he'd want to return.

5 hours ago, The Spider said:

Interesting reaction from Brendan Rodgers following last night's tiff with Leigh Griffiths "I spoke to him this morning at length. He apologised sincerely for his reaction. But we draw a line under it now and we'll move on". I just wonder if Paul Woods wanted to come back next season whether Gus would give him another chance or not, but if Kilby win tomorrow (with six ex-Spiders in their squad!) then I reckon there's no chance he'd want to return.

Been linked with Stranraer.

15 hours ago, The Spider said:

Do you think it would be the same reaction if Griffiths had stormed out the ground in a huff and headed home with his family before the game was finished? 

Gus and Woods have moved on from this. Best we all do the same

Archived