Queen's Park FC 2016/17 Thread

When will these fucking idiots wise up and realise that you can't actually kick someone out of something that they own? I'm willing to engage in debate as to whether we could/should play at Lesser, but as soon as someone starts that shite it's game over.

• Replies 598
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Met Provan at a Radio Clyde supporters quiz back in the day.  Derek Johnstone, the other "captain", was a gent whilst Provan was as ignorant as you'd imagine.

Unfortunately, the words of former OF players is what passes as news nowadays.

That said, there is a growing movement amongst the high heid yins to move out of Hampden.  Lawell pulls the strings and it wouldn't surprise me if the big games end up at Parkhead in the medium term.  And if anyone is deluded enough to think that the games would be shared between Ibrox and Parkhead, you would have to ask why. Other than semi-finals involving Celtic, why would you play any games at a ground with a smaller capacity than Hampden?

Do the non-OF fans want the Scottish game to be moved to the home of one of the two sides who suck all the cash up in the first place?  Not that they'll be asked.  There's a survey for fans coming out this week; rest assured, what the fans want won't happen.  It'll be no change on internationals on Sunday evenings, ridiculous stewarding and all of the rest of the pish that we have to endure.

Decent results last night. Three very tough games coming up. Alloa, East Fife and Rovers away. The third of those could be particularly significant.

If we can take three or four points from those, we should be in good nick to stay up. Will probably need at least five points if we're going to stay in the hunt for fourth. Anything beyond safety is gravy, though. Staying up was the aim and if we manage to do it with something to spare it'll be a superb achievement. Arguably a bigger achievement than promotion was.

Re "kick the QP out of Hampden" nonsense; personally am fed up SFA riding roughshod over us and sycophantism of the QP board in their dealing with the SFA.

About time we told the SFA their lease is not being renewed; sold Hampden and pocketed the cash to ensure the long term survival and growth of the club.

Now, I know this is a very unlikely scenario; the QP board love their comfy chairs too much. 

28 minutes ago, CathcartSkins said:

Re "kick the QP out of Hampden" nonsense; personally am fed up SFA riding roughshod over us and sycophantism of the QP board in their dealing with the SFA.

About time we told the SFA their lease is not being renewed; sold Hampden and pocketed the cash to ensure the long term survival and growth of the club.

Now, I know this is a very unlikely scenario; the QP board love their comfy chairs too much. 

I think the priority should be to stay at Hampden. Wouldn't be a tragedy if we played at an upgraded Lesser Hampden, but Hampden is our home. 

Hampden is a lucrative spot. The number of world famous acts that play concerts there is a money maker. The number of Old Firm semis/finals also means a neutral ground is needed. Heritage and history is also important, but only to the punter. 

What should happen is redevelopment. Hampden, as it stands, is not fit for purpose to compete along with modern stadia across Europe. It's not spectator friendly, unless you're in the North or South Stand. I'd like to see it developed to bring the stands closer to the action.

More controversially, I'd like to see the most hi-tech artifical surface laid. It's unsustainable to keep having concerts on the pitch and having to relay it. However, ideas cost money.

19 hours ago, an86 said:

I think the priority should be to stay at Hampden. Wouldn't be a tragedy if we played at an upgraded Lesser Hampden, but Hampden is our home. 

Hampden is a lucrative spot. The number of world famous acts that play concerts there is a money maker. The number of Old Firm semis/finals also means a neutral ground is needed. Heritage and history is also important, but only to the punter. 

What should happen is redevelopment. Hampden, as it stands, is not fit for purpose to compete along with modern stadia across Europe. It's not spectator friendly, unless you're in the North or South Stand. I'd like to see it developed to bring the stands closer to the action.

More controversially, I'd like to see the most hi-tech artifical surface laid. It's unsustainable to keep having concerts on the pitch and having to relay it. However, ideas cost money.

Can't really disagree with too much of what you say; however, we are a football club, not a concert venue.

I value enormously the history and heritage of the club but have no sentimental attachment to a stadium layout of less then 20 years old; which the media and some sections of Scottish football fraternity use as a stick to beat us with.       

Finally; I don't think it is our responsibility to be some sort of holding-pen for other clubs.          

On 22/03/2017 at 13:57, an86 said:

It's not spectator friendly, unless you're in the North or South Stand. I'd like to see it developed to bring the stands closer to the action.

I'm happy with that suggestion, but only on the proviso that if we ever play Clyde again (presumably as a non-league team in the Scottish Cup :lol:) that their fans be forced to sit in the most shitty seats available........karma for all their bitching about the view for away supporters.

• 2 weeks later...

From the President blog today; "but members and supporters of Queen’s Park FC would be well advised to rely only on official announcements from ourselves and from the Scottish FA."

Safe to say, that I will not be relying on anything the SFA announce; on the subject of our ground or any else for that matter.  

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone lose a pair of specs at Livingston on Saturday? There is a case with them as well. Someone I know found them, they were sitting around half way down the stand

I await the predictable jokes

On ‎15‎/‎05‎/‎2016 at 23:32, the_bully_wee said:

Come August, I'll be sure to check in every week to look on as his inane ramblings gradually degrade into a succession of trademark meltdowns as QP's League 1 status very quickly deteriorates.

:thumsup2 

Archived