Queen's Park FC 2016/17 Thread

On 1/9/2017 at 16:23, an86 said:

Signed for Colville Park Amateurs. All about poor attitude with Miller. He had enough ability for a Championship club to pick him up 18 months ago and now he's playing park fitba'. An absolute waster.

Miller enjoying his renaissance as advised by an86.

Should have plenty of time to watch his big team :whistle

• Replies 598
  • Created
  • Last Reply
21 minutes ago, Velvet Donkey said:

Any information on midfielder Dominic Docherty (loan to the end of the season from Partick)?

Seems an odd one given we need strikers and we have Liam Brown on the bench to support a strong midfield.

Not even first team squad player...Development Squad.

https://ptfc.co.uk/ptfc-team/dominic-docherty-2/

A tidy midfielder. Good passer and uses the ball very well. Don't think he'll be good enough to break into our first team. My knowledge of League 1 football is non-existent but he should be a good player for QP. Was impressed with you lot at Firhill. Judging by that game Docherty should fit well in your style of play.

Strange one on the face if it. Would have no issue with Brown or McVey coming into the team, so another midfielder seems pointless. We need a Brophy/Duggan type success story of a striker loan signing.

12 minutes ago, an86 said:

Strange one on the face if it. Would have no issue with Brown or McVey coming into the team, so another midfielder seems pointless. We need a Brophy/Duggan type success story of a striker loan signing.

It won't be pointless if he turns out to be better than what we've got. I doubt Gus would bring him in if he didn't think he would add anything. Also mind we just scraped past Thistle's development team on penalties, they had some pretty good performers that night.

1 hour ago, Mick1867 said:

It won't be pointless if he turns out to be better than what we've got. I doubt Gus would bring him in if he didn't think he would add anything. Also mind we just scraped past Thistle's development team on penalties, they had some pretty good performers that night.

He was playing that night. No 24. Got a yellow if that rings any bells.

3 hours ago, Mick1867 said:

I'm wondering whether he's going to deploy Woods/Galt as strikers and bring this boy in to cover the advanced midfield position. If there's no striker out there who is going to enhance the squad, it might well be that he'll do that. 

21 minutes ago, an86 said:

I'm wondering whether he's going to deploy Woods/Galt as strikers and bring this boy in to cover the advanced midfield position. If there's no striker out there who is going to enhance the squad, it might well be that he'll do that. 

Possibly although Young Kid seems to be working best with Woods. Regardless of which 2 from those three, who drops from midfield? Brady, Fotheringham and Jambo all playing well. How about playing the new guy further forward alongside McPherson? Woods rested on the bench. Not my choice, just how I'm reading it. In any case if he's stepping up from Dev he'll likely not start on Saturday.

It's great to be just talking about the fitba again:)

Agree Brady, Fotheringham and McKernon playing well (especially Brady) but rest Woods to include the new guy? No chance, I personally think Woods is the playmaker and shouldn't be dropped unless need be. Can the new guy not be out wide and drop Galt? 

Wait, Burns has been playing wide hasn't he? Still, wouldn't drop Woods. 

Was surprised at how tired Ewan Macpherson looked Tuesday night. I know he done a lot of running about but he looked the most tired and he is a young guy. I would maybe drop him if need be for the new guy but not sure Gus would do that. 

I think Galt is the only game-changer we have but he sometimes seems almost bored. Interesting piece here from the Daily Record (never thought I'd ever say that) that tells a lot about the man and his philosophy on football. There's a clue on his Twitter page too. Interesting character who's making a  difference to people's lives. Good luck to him whatever path he chooses. Great ball player.

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/its-time-scottish-football-caught-9381921

Archived