CLYDE FC season 16/17 Thread

Well Jamesy it's almost time for me to move up a league and find out if we can hang in there or even move on. No doubt things will stay much the same in Div 2. Clyde will continue their inevitable march up the leagues and on the way give employment to hundreds of lower league footballers all wanting to play for Barry.

Alimentary will disappear again only to return in another guise as he heads towards an inevitable angry implosion.

Your attempts to spread the use of Doric have gone largely unappreciated but good luck and try not to get involved with some of these rough Clyde fans - try to maintain the standards you have set.

Well Jamesy it's almost time for me to move up a league and find out if we can hang in there or even move on. No doubt things will stay much the same in Div 2. Clyde will continue their inevitable march up the leagues and on the way give employment to hundreds of lower league footballers all wanting to play for Barry.

Alimentary will disappear again only to return in another guise as he heads towards an inevitable angry implosion.

Your attempts to spread the use of Doric have gone largely unappreciated but good luck and try not to get involved with some of these rough Clyde fans - try to maintain the standards you have set.

thanks toc your ok for a east fife fan lol still think well win legue easy next year but barry has to bring in good players and learn from his mistaks this year hes a good manager

Matty Flynn Jordan Hart Jordan Lowden Ewan Mcneil Phil Johnstone That'll be 5 of the 6 joining and possibly the centre back from Annan as rumoured. I'd keep Smith, Scott M, Millen, marsh, Kirkpatrick, Linton, marko and jp are taking the u20's so they'll be here

I think we might have a better squad

Hart

Mcneil New Cb Smith Lowden

Millen

Ferguson Flynn Kirkpatrick Linton

New St

Subs jp, Scott m, Johnstone, marko, marsh

Edited by Only one David Marsh

MzIf we aint going to sign an experianced keeper might aswell keep gibson,Last few games looked okay and no point signing someone of similiar Quality..

Imo we only really need to focus on two positions to win "this" league...

1 x Experianced Keeper/Coming to end.ish of career that will calm things down at back esp with marko apperances limited (Jamie langfield springs to mind intially if he gets released from st mirren bit like David wylie type)

1 x Poacher/Goalscorer (Andy rodgers.Craig malcolm or Jamie longworth in that order for me)

Then Build team around these guys

Edited by shawfield shed boy

Ferguson definitely deserves at least another season as he’s taken us closer to promotion that any manager has for a long time. However, he needs to show much more tactical nous and better man management than he has so far.

Players I would keep Smith, Linton, Marsh, McGovern, McLaughlin x2, Ferguson and Kirkpatrick. With Gemmell unfortunately away, I might keep Higgins unless we can find another experienced striker. With some pace added to the team I think Higgins would benefit almost as much as Gemmell would have.

I’d have maybe’s against Millen, Bolo and Watson.

Watson, assuming he’s not on a big wage, has a lot of promise and is a great option off the bench.

Bolo did actually form a decent partnership with Smith for the first part of the season (which has been forgotten now) and seems to be our most threatening CB for attacking corners. Considering our height, the fact that Smith, Marko and Andrews only scored 4 goals between them is a pretty poor record across a whole season. Another thing Ferguson has to improve on drastically.

Millen showed real class for about 2 games as a sitting midfielder, which just isn’t enough. He’s suffered from being moved about a bit too much recently, but I don’t think he’s good enough in defence to count as realistic cover for more than the odd game here and there. Millen has shown a good ability to switch play (far better than anyone else in the squad) so he’s another who would benefit from the team actually having some width next season.

There’s no point in keeping Kirkpatrick if we’re not going to play him through the middle. Dumbarton fans warned us when we signed him, that he’s not a wide player, which has shown in recent games. He hasn’t been as effective, and was nearly non-existent against Queen’s Park, because he couldn’t get involved enough. It also generally puts him on the opposite wing to Linton, when these are two players we should be looking to link up.

People who want to keep Gibson have very short memories. Even against Elgin at 1-0, he let a nothing ball roll under him which could easily have led to an equaliser and changed that whole tie. If Hamilton do let Martin out on loan, I can’t imagine it would be to a League 2 side.

I think it will be a shame to see Brisbane go, without really knowing how good he could have been. He has a lot of flaws in his game but from the moment Scott Ferguson got injured (which was with half the season remaining), Brisbane should have been given another chance. He was the only other person in our squad capable of dropping a shoulder and just drifting past a man, which we sorely missed this year.

Brisbane might have flourished under Duffy, as he seems the type who needs a shoulder put round him, and a manger who won’t give him too hard a time when he makes mistakes.

Edited by Jaggy Snake

I see Longworth might be leaving Stranraer I'd sign him up straight away

Agreed, easily a 20 goal striker. Sure he lives in East Kilbride so not too far for him.

If true he's leaving Stranraer we should move quickly to get him.