CLYDE FC season 16/17 Thread

So does anyone know who the 6 signings from other clubs are that Barry mentioned after the match?

Lowdon-Arbroath ✅

McNeil-Berwick ✅

Johnstone-Stirling ✅

Flynn-Annan?

Hart-Annan?

I'd imagine Kirkpatrick would count as a new signing seeing as he was on loan. Also, if Waters and Flynn were to be here next year that'd be 6. Edited by Scott-Replay

Obviously depends who we sign and who others sign, will find out in the coming weeks of course.

But I don't think the league will be as strong next year, I don't see the teams coming down being as good as the two that went up. Think Arbroath will be strong though.

Kev Nicoll rumoured ages ago but dunno if it was just banter cause it was our match thread.

Dick might be in for him actually.

Think that was a wind up. Tbh he didn't impress me the two times I saw him this season but can't really judge him on that

You think Kirkpatrick will sign for you guys permanently?

How's he been? Should have the talent to stroll League Two I'd have thought.

Rumor is he has signed on. He's been brilliant he's really good on the ball and always plays positively. He can fucking hit the ball let me tell you that

You think Kirkpatrick will sign for you guys permanently?

How's he been? Should have the talent to stroll League Two I'd have thought.

Was a bit of a passenger in the 2 games against Queen's Park which was disappointing as he was about the only one available that could get on the ball and make things happen, but would be delighted to see him here next season. Scored a belter of a free kick up in Elgin last week and has chipped in with some other good goals.

All joking aside. Do we honestly not think the manager is a major issue here?

He has come the closest to getting us promoted since we have dropped into this league. He is not without his flaws but deserves next season to mount another challenge. If we are not up there again then a change is needed but let's give him a chance to build on this seasons narrow failure.

No the difference was they could actually pass the ball to each other and didn't have a squad based around 40 year olds. One of their goals was a wonder strike. Why not pick a different goal to show the margins between the clubs?

Make or break for me next season. I can't disagree with any of the comments on Ferguson above and he's had two years in this division now and he'll no doubt be revising his "I only sign players over six foot" policy. I think he would be furious with himself if he didn't, at least, get us into the playoffs again next year.

If, and it is an if, he gets the balance right next season, we'll have a good chance of having a right good season.

He has come the closest to getting us promoted since we have dropped into this league. He is not without his flaws but deserves next season to mount another challenge. If we are not up there again then a change is needed but let's give him a chance to build on this seasons narrow failure.

In the interest of leaving this a thread about next season rather than a moan about last season, I will refrain from further comment. Questions need to be asked and hopefully with the 3rd/4th squad at his disposal Barry finds an answer. We all want that