CLYDE FC season 16/17 Thread

How would you know if they had a chuckle or not shouldn't you be watching the game and not the subs warming up I know I was and regards to them ha I g a go mckenzie was actually defending the horrendous abuse Higgins was getting for nothing all be it I'm not his biggest fan but the abuse was terrible when Higgins was only warming up nothing wrong with his team mate sticking up for him. Maybe the boo boys should be having a go at the laughable defending and not two guys warming up just a thought.

They were behind the goal into which the goal was scored. Plenty of people were having a go at the comedy show defending which Higgins seemed to find amusing. That is what drew attention to him. No need for mckenzie to get involved. The fact that this is his only memorable contribution says it all really. Pish!

It doesn't matter how, technically speaking, they've labelled or branded the HL and LL to play into the idea of a pyramid system
I never have and never will view them as senior level and have no interest in it. I chose Clyde as my senior side. If I wanted to follow a non league side I'd have gone to watch the Juniors. 
If we get relegated, spare me the amateur attempts at psychology, it won't work. That clear enough for you? Good...

These were senior clubs before the pyramid system came into place so it's nothing to do with labelling or branding.

Just because you don't view them as such or because they were denied access to the closed shop league system for so long doesn't change that.

13 minutes ago, PELE said:

The whole Scottish football set up is a joke. Senior, Junior, Amateur. It makes no sense to most people and most people have no idea how it works.

I would agree with that should just be football no name barriers like senior and junior the pyramid may have been a proper one if we didn't have the artificial barrier created over 100 years ago between 2 groups of clubs.

Senior clubs have a certain standard that has to be lived up to. There's absolutely nothing stopping junior clubs meeting the criteria and moving to a senior league.

Nothing wrong whatsoever with classing clubs differently. A few people might be ignorant as to who is and isn't senior but it's a minority.

Just now, 1320Lichtie said:

Senior clubs have a certain standard that has to be lived up to. There's absolutely nothing stopping junior clubs meeting the criteria.

Nothing wrong whatsoever with classing clubs differently. A few people might be ignorant as to who is and isn't senior but it's a minority.

Getting off topic for a Clyde thread 1320 but it is an artificial barrier between 2 levels which are more or less the same a lot of junior sides are better on and off the park that LL, EOSL and SOSL sides.

Down south from where we try to replicate everything everyone is just a football club and eventually find their level in the pyramid.

Getting off topic for a Clyde thread 1320 but it is an artificial barrier between 2 levels which are more or less the same a lot of junior sides are better on and off the park that LL, EOSL and SOSL sides.
Down south from where we try to replicate everything everyone is just a football club and eventually find their level in the pyramid.

Same on the pitch. Don't meet the same (very relaxed) standards off it, nothing stopping them from doing so.

Leave them stuck in the past.

Good to see clubs like Kelty and Boness have a more progressive view.

Just now, 1320Lichtie said:

Same on the pitch. Don't meet the same (very relaxed) standards off it, nothing stopping them from doing so.

Leave them stuck in the past.

Good to see clubs like Kelty and Boness have a more progressive view.

Kelty was the club I was most thinking about when I made my post, when their new stand gets built in the summer I doubt that there will be a non league ground better than NCP.

I would agree with that should just be football no name barriers like senior and junior the pyramid may have been a proper one if we didn't have the artificial barrier created over 100 years ago between 2 groups of clubs.

I'm sure there will be plenty of "Senior" teams chairmen that would like admission money collected at a gate (no turnstiles) in an empty crisp box like I've observed at a few junior games.

Then again junior football is known for its financial integrity.