CLYDE FC season 16/17 Thread

1 hour ago, haufdaft said:

Man comes on here.

Man that many haven't even heard off.

Man may be an alias.

Man makes non specific statement that says nothing

Man invites Clyde fans to look at non existent Facebook page

Man invited questions but won't be answering as he can't be arsed logging in regularly.

Excuse me for being cynical.

This man may even be an attractive Russian woman who lives in my area and wants no strings sex.

A non-existent Facebook group that definitely exists.

A non-existent Facebook group that definitely exists.

Yeah, I found it after your post. Thanks.

Saw someone with that name as a member of the group too.

I stand by the rest of my post though.

If this person is genuine, I'm astonished at his arrogance to assume others know who he is. He gives absolutely no information on his background.

It further news, It also turns out the Russian woman was a bearded pipe smoker called Wilf. We had a lovely evening though. However, I wasn't convinced by his accent.

1 hour ago, haufdaft said:

Yeah, I found it after your post. Thanks.

Saw someone with that name as a member of the group too.

I stand by the rest of my post though.

If this person is genuine, I'm astonished at his arrogance to assume others know who he is. He gives absolutely no information on his background.

It further news, It also turns out the Russian woman was a bearded pipe smoker called Wilf. We had a lovely evening though. However, I wasn't convinced by his accent.

I may have picked up the wrong end of the stick, but is this not allegedly Stevie Tennant who used to play for us?

This is a bit of a lose-lose situation for this guy if he is legit. 

If he has taken time to consult fans on a football forum with no ties to the club then fair play. That is the type of reaching out that should at least make us a bit happier, even though that type of thing should be going on all the time with clubs at this level. If he can't post with a degree of regularity then again, fair play. People have lives and some, unlike us, simply can't or won't fit time every day to post on an internet forum. 

Straight away he gets called out for being an alias (and he may well be, we're hardly popular on here), and no doubt whatever questions are asked can't or won't be answered in the way we would all like, so if this guy is indeed the real deal, he's on a hiding to nothing here regardless of his intentions. 

11 hours ago, Duff Man said:

For the record I want to get behind a united campaign should one surface. However I point blank refuse to back any campaign that has DisGracey involved in any way. 

47 minutes ago, SouthLanarkshireWhite said:

Read back this post to yourself, and see if you can pick out the inconsistency!

My thoughts exactly.

Unity can/will never be achieved as long as this type of entrenched position is adopted. Unless both/all sides are prepared to look at what other options are on offer, with an open mind, the factions situation will continue to drag our Club down.

Quite how to get to that position is a bit beyond me but it will have to involve a good helping of trust all round.

Man comes on here.

Man that many haven't even heard off.

Man may be an alias.

Man makes non specific statement that says nothing

Man invites Clyde fans to look at non existent Facebook page

Man invited questions but won't be answering as he can't be arsed logging in regularly.

Excuse me for being cynical.

This man may even be an attractive Russian woman who lives in my area and wants no strings sex.

Brilliant. .

Did find ST post bizarre and pointless

Lets wait n see

My thoughts exactly.
Unity can/will never be achieved as long as this type of entrenched position is adopted. Unless both/all sides are prepared to look at what other options are on offer, with an open mind, the factions situation will continue to drag our Club down.
Quite how to get to that position is a bit beyond me but it will have to involve a good helping of trust all round.

Unfortunately it will require something akin to the good Friday agreement [emoji4]

It's amazing the club is 8th yes 8th in the lowest tier of Scottish football rumours allegedly from reliable sources that we are heading for the equivalent of shopping in player poundland

And some won't even listen to a proposal put by a group on taking the club forward whether it's good or bad let's at least see it.
But no let's attempt a character assassination of the guy after one post

9 minutes ago, cfcuk said:

It's amazing the club is 8th yes 8th in the lowest tier of Scottish football rumours allegedly from reliable sources that we are heading for the equivalent of shopping in player poundland

And some won't even listen to a proposal put by a group on taking the club forward whether it's good or bad let's at least see it.

Exactly mate. No harm in listening to what guy has to say as we aren't exactly skooshing the league, loaded with cash and love our rented home lol.

If there have been discussions and possible developments, perhaps an informal meeting with people willing to meet/listen to Steven Tennant should be arranged?

Cheers

Just now, David W said:

In that case, tell us what his proposal actually is. Or what it's to do with. I've got no idea who he is, or what I'm supposed to be asking him questions about.

I agree. A breakdown on all that has been discussed would be great then we can probe away

They are a group with zero credibility.

They refused to show their proof of funds to the board and haven't yet given supporters anything.

If they have the money why won't they show where it's coming from?

The group contains ex Directors who openly admit sabotaging previous attempts to relocate the club whilst they were still on the club board. Why should we trust them if they are willing to be that duplicitous in order to gain power?

I believe that if the group were credible, actually had proof of funds and had made an effort to engage with the club professionally then the current board would be delighted for them to take over.

My mate can source us £3million and hes going to give the club it cos he's a good lad. If anyone wants to ask me questions then please do so but I might not answer them straight away.

17 minutes ago, Fat Sally said:

They refused to show their proof of funds to the board and haven't yet given supporters anything.

The group contains ex Directors who openly admit sabotaging previous attempts to relocate the club whilst they were still on the club board. Why should we trust them if they are willing to be that duplicitous in order to gain power?

I believe that if the group were credible, actually had proof of funds and had made an effort to engage with the club professionally then the current board would be delighted for them to take over.

My mate can source us £3million and hes going to give the club it cos he's a good lad. If anyone wants to ask me questions then please do so but I might not answer them straight away.

Interesting points you make, and whilst not disputing them, where are the facts that this is the case? I see Stephen Tennant has now joined the facebook page, so I take back what I said about him not being on it, although I wouldn't have said I was until I was :)

My limited understanding is that the will not negotiate at a serious level until John Alexander is removed entirely from the board - presumably as they see him as an obstacle in moving forward. If that is the case, why are they still involved with Bobby Gracey? Surely if the clubs best interests is there goal, they would respect a similar removal of an obstacle?

No agendas here then [emoji23]

Interesting points you make, and whilst not disputing them, where are the facts that this is the case? I see Stephen Tennant has now joined the facebook page, so I take back what I said about him not being on it, although I wouldn't have said I was until I was [emoji4]
My limited understanding is that the will not negotiate at a serious level until John Alexander is removed entirely from the board - presumably as they see him as an obstacle in moving forward. If that is the case, why are they still involved with Bobby Gracey? Surely if the clubs best interests is there goal, they would respect a similar removal of an obstacle?

For somebody with a limited knowledge of workings of all things clyde

You seem to know a helluva lot about Clyde [emoji23]

2 minutes ago, cfcuk said:

For somebody with a limited knowledge of workings of all things clyde

You seem to know a helluva lot about Clyde emoji23.png

When you consider the amount of dirty washing we launder in public on here, it's easy to know quite a lot.