CLYDE FC season 16/17 Thread

Clyde fans sorry to derail your thread a bit - but did any of you lot attend the game where Ravanelli scored his hat trick against you? I was going to games home and away and have always regretted not going as he left us shortly after. Basically just wanted to know if he was as good as now commonly gets made out to be these days - as his other couple of appearances for us were largely disappointing due in part to being well off the pace. Cheers for any responses.

Remember it just. I think we took the lead through Keogh then Ravenelli tore us apart. I can remember thinking before the game that we would get a bumper crowd for a midweek game-major disappointment.Another memory is that I am sure Keogh got Ravenelli's shirt at the end of the game.

Auld Silver Pubes was a class act, used to idolise him when I watched the Italian fitbaw show on Channel 4 in the morning, to see him in the flesh was just class! Then the c**t goes on and scores 3 goals in 7 minutes to win the tie :lol:

Seeing Ravanelli score a hat trick at Broadwood is one of the most surreal things I have seen in football. Like Duff Man I grew up watching Football Italia and can remember him ripping Rangers to shred back when the Champions League was knew, exciting and unmissable telly.

My memory might be playing up but I'm sure he scored all 3 goals in the space of ten mins or so and it was the "perfect hat trick" left foot, right foot, header.

The other one that glaringly sticks out is playing Man Utd's entire first team in a pre-season friendly. It was the seasons we hosted the trials under Roberts and I went to the game not knowing a single Clyde player.

I can remember over hearing a few Clyde fans saying the Man Utd line up included Ferdinand, Scholes, Van Nistelrooy and Giggs on the way down to the ground and telling them no to be daft. Turned out the only first team player missing was Ronaldo.

The same season we humped Celtic in the cup.

He should be a very decent player at this level, presuming the time out hasn't done him too much harm. I rated him highly and, in all honesty, would gladly have taken him back when it was rumoured he was training with us.

What an atmosphere that was on Saturday. It's amazing what a bit of positivity from the stands can do for a team. Great performance and a good game too, even if we did only get a draw out of it. It's a pity people only come out to run their mouths when things are going badly. The moment we show a bit of fight and a bit of positivity no one has anything to say.

What an atmosphere that was on Saturday. It's amazing what a bit of positivity from the stands can do for a team. Great performance and a good game too, even if we did only get a draw out of it. It's a pity people only come out to run their mouths when things are going badly. The moment we show a bit of fight and a bit of positivity no one has anything to say.

Probably because they have said it in the match thread on the cup forum, genius.