CLYDE FC season 16/17 Thread

100% agree that any appointment has to be one with track record of getting a team stabilised and a McCall, Gus etc would be a God send, never happen of course due to finance, lack of direction etc and of course due to the fact Barry won't / can't get sacked. What is Maitland up to nowadays? Or dare I say Paul Martin 
Only comment on the Hartley and his first job at Alloa, he was given relative fortunes there.

Only going by rumour but apparently McCall was discounted for the job.

Not sure if true but would have taken him in a heart beat

1 minute ago, whereismillar said:

Ahem !! you sure ? sources?

1 minute ago, whereismillar said:

Ahem !! you sure ? sources?

Well given the players he signed in comparison to the rest of the league I would assume you paid pretty decent money. Players don't normally drop down a couple of divisions for nothing.

Given your local knowledge, I'll take your word that he didn't, so Hartley is in fact a football management genius considering what Alloa achieved.

1 minute ago, FREDDYFRY said:

Well given the players he signed in comparison to the rest of the league I would assume you paid pretty decent money. Players don't normally drop down a couple of divisions for nothing.

Given your local knowledge, I'll take your word that he didn't, so Hartley is in fact a football management genius considering what Alloa achieved.

So based on an assumption !!  He had/has good connections and had to totally rebuild the team from 2 signed players, he brought in good players only because he was good at spotting the right talent at the right price (cheap) !  One aspect of a really good manager IMO, alloa are not that rich but were not too poor either to be fair .

It's a shame to see the state of affairs at Clyde.

For all of his belligerent talk, ElementaryPenguin does get to the root of the problem in that no one knows quite what the chain of command is at Clyde:

A manager widely thought to be partly funding some of the first team squad with no clarity on his contractual status.

No Chairman of the board and a Vice Chairman who came across averse to taking responsibility for even writing a New Year message to fans.

A "fan-owned" club of which the fans don't even known where the club will be playing in the next few years or the process they need to go through for affecting change.  Not to speak of the divisions within that support and those who take glee in causing arguments.

Not to mention the awful current run of form the team is on which threatens the club's league status after far too long in the basement division. And talk the club's awful performance on the park regularly seems to be overtaken by some of the points above.

The vice chairman is a nice guy, who has worked for the club for many years. The club needs people like him. However in my humble opinion, he is not the leader the club needs at the moment. I cannot imagine him having the vision, the strength to deal with a character like Ferguson, or the answer to 'should he be sacked and replaced by xxxxx xxxxxx'

3 minutes ago, Elementary Penguin said:

Aye very good. Don't be begging us for the gate receipts from the Morton end again, if that's your attitude. 

f**k Duffy anaw. He'll be on his knees again when Thistle or Dundee come after him. 

That's a Forfar fan m9.

I don't know what we can do in January window, loans or whatever, but if we have McNeil at RB and Perry in the middle, add another CH and a LB and the defence stops leaking the goals.

Find another dangerous striker to play up with Peaso

That with the existing midfield could be enough to tip the balance at this level.   

Thought perry was great the first 4/5 games but something has went wrong with him I think. 

McNiff was signed as a centre half and has been forced into left back with lowdens injury, hasn't been good there but would like to see him at centre half more. 

Thought perry was great the first 4/5 games but something has went wrong with him I think. 
McNiff was signed as a centre half and has been forced into left back with lowdens injury, hasn't been good there but would like to see him at centre half more. 

He played the earlier in the season and did not impress