CLYDE FC season 16/17 Thread

So BF is now bulletproof for the season as any time criticism is due the injuries will be brought up. It is a factor of course but can't really excuse his love of playing players out of position or rarely improving any player that signs with us. I still expect us to make the playoffs with what we have and find it cringeworthy how defensive some on here are of BF.

Although losing Easton is undoubtedly a blow, he seems to have become closer and closer to being Messi of late. Facts are he loves to showboat and rarely makes a pass to (often) better placed team mates. Maybe we can become more of an attacking unit rather than a one man show.

Regardless of what happens at Elgin on Saturday our next home game v Forfar is massive.Time surely for all of those keyboard warriors purporting to support Clyde to put their machines to sleep and instead turn up at Broadwood and give the team the support they deserve.

And hopefully the first time wearing the generations shirt ( can't wear the light blue against Forfar anyway) so new start and hopefully kick start season ....

Although losing Easton is undoubtedly a blow, he seems to have become closer and closer to being Messi of late. Facts are he loves to showboat and rarely makes a pass to (often) better placed team mates. Maybe we can become more of an attacking unit rather than a one man show.

There is a degree of truth to this. However, this season won't be half as entertaining as it would've been with Easton in the team.

Oi

I give up Easton is now a showboater and will barely be missed we might become a better team

Mind you coming from a support that voted to change the teams name (something that no other club in the world would do ) nothing surprises me

9 assists in 8 games for Easton, he is going to be missed massively.

When you sign players like him you have to deal with the fact at times he is going to be greedy and shoot instead of passing, but when you think of some of the garbage players we have had endure in recent years it was great to see a player that wanted the ball all the time and could beat players and score the goal he scored on the first league game of the season.

I give up Easton is now a showboater and will barely be missed we might become a better team

Mind you coming from a support that voted to change the teams name (something that no other club in the world would do ) nothing surprises me

I didn't say he would be barely missed or that we would be a better team without him. I just said there may be less emphasis on one player all the time. Maybe try reading posts before you reply to them.

9 assists in 8 games for Easton, he is going to be missed massively.

When you sign players like him you have to deal with the fact at times he is going to be greedy and shoot instead of passing, but when you think of some of the garbage players we have had endure in recent years it was great to see a player that wanted the ball all the time and could beat players and score the goal he scored on the first league game of the season.

Sensible post from a supporter who isnt waiting for failure , Not enough of these posts and far too much of others throughout season....

16 minutes ago, cfcuk said:

This coming from a supporter who obviously believes everything wee jobby gracey says.

No ones perfect eh

I didn't say he would be barely missed or that we would be a better team without him. I just said there may be less emphasis on one player all the time. Maybe try reading posts before you reply to them.

You said we would be a better attacking unit we have scored 10 goals in the last three games let's see how many we score in the next three the guy is the best player we have had in a decade where has anybody said we are a one man team ? You obviously don't like him getting praise but each to their own opinion

You said we would be a better attacking unit we have scored 10 goals in the last three games let's see how many we score in the next three the guy is the best player we have had in a decade where has anybody said we are a one man team ? You obviously don't like him getting praise but each to their own opinion

I have no issue with him getting praise, he is a good player and we will miss him. However, I'm not willing to write the season off despite losing 2 of our marque signings. We should still have enough to challenge and hopefully others will step up to the plate. In particular Flynn, who now has the chance to become a main man.

3 minutes ago, Clyde01 said:

So BF is now bulletproof for the season as any time criticism is due the injuries will be brought up. It is a factor of course but can't really excuse his love of playing players out of position or rarely improving any player that signs with us. I still expect us to make the playoffs with what we have and find it cringeworthy how defensive some on here are of BF.

I follow you on playing players out of position. Or reinvention, as Barry no doubt sees it; it has been a horrible habit of recent Clyde managers, all of whom have in common a lack of tangible success with the club. I can't follow you when you lay into Easton, mind. There is no show-boating in his game. There is bad decision making, yes. Plenty of it. But he wouldn't be a Clyde player otherwise.

The most profound injury we could've sustained is the one we just have: losing Easton for the season. He was our fulcrum. He is outstandingly the best player we have and without him, things being as they are, we'll do well to hold a play-off spot. With him, we might just have managed it. Albeit no more comfortably than last season.

There are a lot easy things one can say about how the team might benefit from Easton's loss. All those things will be rubbish, of course. To my memory, I was the first poster on this board to write with concern about Easton cramping Flynn's style; it was blatant from their very first game together. However, even if Flynn does come into his own, he isn't Easton and willing him to be won't make it so.

The sensible, hard-headed reaction to this injury is to abandon masochism. Get players playing in their strongest positions. That means having a proper left-back. And that has to be Scott Linton, I'm sorry to say. Whatever the price paid in midfield is - a heavy one. It means getting a proper right-back too. And that'll have to be McNeil or Oliver. Proper centre-halves (Smith, McNiff or Perry). McLaughlin and Flynn will have to run the engine room themselves. I don't see how. But it was a midfield lacking real ball-winning clout even with Easton. It'll be important that Phil Johnston, now a really important player, has an advanced role and isn't told he's a defender. He should be wide right where he belongs, being a permanent menace with his pace. And then I suppose we've just got to hope that Scott Ferguson's speed and fitness returns pronto; he and Johnston could go some way to compensating for the ball-carrying which Easton would do were he available. The return of JP McGovern can't come quick enough, of course. And god help us if Peter MacDonald gets injured...

The silly, ideological, hell-bent reaction to this injury is to say things like "I don't see why everyone is being so negative", and to bleat on about our home form: three wins from three. All of which came against teams who either performed abysmally or who look now to be set to prop up the top half of the table. And in which games, by the way, we conceded a total of six goals. Elgin have the best defensive record in the league. Only Edinburgh City and Cowden best ours as a bad one. Admittedly, only Forfar best our goals, but that was Clyde plus Dylan Easton; nine assists and two goals in all competitions this season from the wee man.

Loanees, free-agents... We need cover ASAP if we're to put this season back on the rails.