Still Game & Best Bits

smpar

8 hours ago, The Minertaur said:

The first episode I ever watched in full.  Made my Dad put it on and we were both laughing our heads of at it.  Fairly sure that's the episode where they are playing with the pads in the flat?  

Yep. Victor flinging the ball about and breaking all of Jack's ornaments :lol: 

always preferred chewin the fat to still game. i think i'm the only person out my mates that thinks this.

Chewin the Fat has some fantastic sketches but there's unfortunately some shit bits in there as well.

I had the Chewin the Fat DVD set in my youth while I didn't have the Still Game one, so I'm biased by having most of it committed to memory. Ah cin dae Chewbacca, AAOO

Anyway, I'm finishing S2 today. S2E7, "Shooglies"

It's nice seeing the town as it was fifteen years ago.

6 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:

"Gentleman, do you have any last words?"

"Aye min, you're a dick!"

Always cracks me up.

5 hours ago, Father Dougal McGuire said:

Tache’s all tooled up min

Here, am gonnae turn you upside doon and sweep flair wi ye..... Ya dick

I'm sure I've tried to find an answer to this before and failed, was the episode where they go to Canada filmed in Canada?
Can't confirm anything but sure I remember a DVD extra about filming in Canada. They do appear outside in the Stadium scene and with Hemphill's Canadian connections I'm sure they'd find accommodation within the BBC's generous budget.

3 minutes ago, RosspCfc said:
21 minutes ago, Miguel Sanchez said:
I'm sure I've tried to find an answer to this before and failed, was the episode where they go to Canada filmed in Canada?

Can't confirm anything but sure I remember a DVD extra about filming in Canada. They do appear outside in the Stadium scene and with Hemphill's Canadian connections I'm sure they'd find accommodation within the BBC's generous budget.

I was wondering the more as I was watching. Until they end up outside the CN Tower it all looks like it could be on set, then it looks foreign.

Now Jack and Fiona are at Niagara Falls and a fat woman just waddled past in a Doug Gilmour jersey, they must have gone. The interior scenes still look really unconvincing though.
Interior scenes in Maryhill is probable. Think the CGI would have been more expensive in 2004 than going to Canada. May be talking keech though

4 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

I expect they went. Can't think of anywhere in the country where that big dome stadium could be.

That's the Skydome, you could see that written... somewhere. On the old boy's overalls or the walls or something:

720px-Skydome_Rogers_Center_Toronto_Cana

It's just weird if you watch the episode, the first half could be domestic, then all the notable Toronto locations are in the second half.