Still Game & Best Bits

smpar

• 2 weeks later...
On 08/08/2017 at 16:21, TheScarf said:

Tam was hardly in the last series.  Presumably because Mark Cox was busy with other projects.  He's brilliant in it.

A good point. It's not as if the actors are sitting around the house waiting for the call to do another series (apart from the guy who played Methadone Mick, probably). They all have other commitments so making a new series has to wait until everybody is available at the same time.

Scott Reid, aka Methadone Mick was in the most recent series of Line of Duty on BBC, also played in that Henrik v Lubo charity match at Celtic Park the day after the Scottish Cup final.

Agree with earlier posters, the first episode he appeared in was very good and well written and acted but definetely been overdone, as a bit part character like Pete the jaikey or fat Peggy he would be quite good but a definite over egging of the pudding, a daft comedy set of teeth isnt funny and like an old rubbish Little & Large joke.

Apparently there will be a death of a main character this series coming. Probably Eric but hopefully Mick.

When I heard this I said to my wife I hope it's Methadone Mick in the first minute of the first episode.

Eric, well James Martin, was looking very frail in the last series and if they're looking at potentially series 9 and beyond how long realistically could he still manage filming?

Possibly Tam given he didn't heavily feature last time?

Ironically it'll be him who's running the book on it...

If it's Tam I hope he's told he's no long to live before bemoaning the cost of a funeral.
It would be so predictable but I'd enjoy it.

23 minutes ago, mizfit said:

If it's Tam I hope he's told he's no long to live before bemoaning the cost of a funeral.

nah they did that storyline in the live show kinda, got to be either wee eric (given he's the actual old guy out them all), fitting that they write him out before he actually dies, let him enjoy his final episode the way he wanted it maybe and not like pete's one where he's just suddenly dead

3 hours ago, mizfit said:

If only there was a way he could set money aside on a weekly basis to pay for it when the time comes...

• 3 weeks later...
Can anyone recall a moment in Still Game when Victor casually tosses something for Jack to catch and Jack, in an affronted little disapproving voice, goes "Ayyyy! Throwin' hings!"
I'm sure this happened in Still Game, but I can't remember the episode or circumstances. I swear I am not a crank.

Does he not break his vase, then Navid breaks the other?