Still Game & Best Bits

smpar

Can anyone recall a moment in Still Game when Victor casually tosses something for Jack to catch and Jack, in an affronted little disapproving voice, goes "Ayyyy! Throwin' hings!"

I'm sure this happened in Still Game, but I can't remember the episode or circumstances. I swear I am not a crank.

They're sitting in Victor's house watching telly and eating tea cakes. Victor was explaining how Jack had eaten four rather than three, and Jack pings the wee balls of foil at him. Can't remember the episode though.

The smell ma fingers bloke was my Dad's cousin, who had small acting roles all his life, but mainly stayed in stage acting I'm lead to believe. Matthew Bill Boyd was his name. Passed away about nine years ago now, a lovely man.

They're sitting in Victor's house watching telly and eating tea cakes. Victor was explaining how Jack had eaten four rather than three, and Jack pings the wee balls of foil at him. Can't remember the episode though.

The smell ma fingers bloke was my Dad's cousin, who had small acting roles all his life, but mainly stayed in stage acting I'm lead to believe. Matthew Bill Boyd was his name. Passed away about nine years ago now, a lovely man.

Pretty sure the tea cakes and smell ma fingers is the same episode. The one where auld Ronnie is in the loony bin for stripping in George Square and Winston and Co build a park on a roof of one of the blocks of flats

Superb - cheers! Have them all on DVD (scattered throughout the house!) so will have a hunt for this episode!

Pretty sure the tea cakes and smell ma fingers is the same episode. The one where auld Ronnie is in the loony bin for stripping in George Square and Winston and Co build a park on a roof of one of the blocks of flats

"That's whit tae dae, make him pick it up, put it in the bin, hauns aw shite!"

Edited by Antlion

Wait - search goes on. I checked out "Gairden" and it's not the one. That scene has Jack flicking the wrappers at Victor, who says "hey, ho, hey! Ave gottae clean that up!"

The scene I'm remembering has someone (I think Victor) tossing something to Jack, and it's him who give the wee "ehhh! Throwin' hings!" line. Anyone....?

Wait - search goes on. I checked out "Gairden" and it's not the one. That scene has Jack flicking the wrappers at Victor, who says "hey, ho, hey! Ave gottae clean that up!"

The scene I'm remembering has someone (I think Victor) tossing something to Jack, and it's him who give the wee "ehhh! Throwin' hings!" line. Anyone....?

Don't think it was Still Game. It was perhaps Jack and Victor on Chewin' The Fat though as they had a good number of sketches. The two I recall most being "Jack's Bar!" and the one with the taser :lol:

Is it when Victor throws the tennis ball at Jack and it smashes a vase and he says "Awwww shit!" (Scran)?

Is it when Victor throws the tennis ball at Jack and it smashes a vase and he says "Awwww shit!" (Scran)?

Will try and find this one - my other thought was the episode where they buy those daft wee Velcro toys and bat them back and forth (might be the one you're talking about actually!)

Will try and find this one - my other thought was the episode where they buy those daft wee Velcro toys and bat them back and forth (might be the one you're talking about actually!)

"Pads!"

It is aye.

Something I've always been surprised with and shocked, that there isn't a Still Game Best Bits topic. I reckon now is as good a time as any to get it up and running :D No point making a new topic, unless the OP wants to edit the title to add "Best Bits"?

That's it changed. :) 

"Robert Wagner!"

That was my thinking, that and the teacakes is the only time I recall things being thrown. I can't recall a "Ehhhhhhh! Throwin' hings!" line though :lol:

"Aye, it was Buzz Aldrin. But you were oota time. Nae points. PRIIIIIIIIIIIIIICK!!!"

^^^ Tam's face being the best thing about that scene :lol:

"Pads!"

Much better than wan a they Sony stations, you know, the computer game machines. 😂

It's not "Scran" and the pads. I'm going through some other episodes looking and I did find similar delivery to how I remember the "throwin hings" line, when Jack and Victor are chucked out Wickes in "Fresh Lick" by a security guard, and Victor says, "shovin'!" under his breath after they're turfed out the door.

"That's no Troy the gairdener, that's Boabby the barman".

I don't know why, but there's just something about that line that I just think is brilliant. Probably my favourite bit. It's so simple yet absolutely brilliant.

Don't think it was Still Game. It was perhaps Jack and Victor on Chewin' The Fat though as they had a good number of sketches. The two I recall most being "Jack's Bar!" and the one with the taser :lol:

Not forgetting Jack defrosting his fridge and the fall outside McDonalds.

Yup - loads of good Jack and Victor bits in Chewin' the Fat - 'Jack's Bar' is brilliant! :lol:

Edited by paranoid android