Still Game & Best Bits

smpar

Episode 3 was the worst of the run so far albeit with a couple of funny bits.

One thing that struck me, how would Jack and Victor know Mick? He only met Boabby and Winston in the previous episode and wasn't known to them. Hope there's no more Methadone Mick or he's just a background character.

Would echo the comments about the lack of Tam and do think a lot of the banter seems forced, particularly the Winston and Stevie the bookie bit from the first episode.

I enjoyed it more than the first episode. Loved the bit at the start when they were swapping each other's charity stuff.

Good to see Shug back, obviously disappointed there was no Navid but if you think back to previous series then there are numerous episodes where he didn't feature. I'm sure he'll have a storyline before long.

Like most others I'm not a methadone Mick fan, he's had his bit in the spotlight, hopefully now he'll only flit in and out of the show as briefly as Pete did.

And Boaby's surname is Taylor, has that ever actually came up in the show before?

17 hours ago, paranoid android said:

On the subject of spin-offs, there had been talk of Navid getting his own series - having looked into it, they decided against it.

Love the character Navid has some great lines through out all the series along with the subtitled chats with Mina.  Sanjeev Singh Kohli is great in the role but I couldn't see a spioff with him as the main role.  The episode on Friday was decent enough for me but not one of the classics.  Think Methadone Mick will fade after this and just be a replacement for Pete this was just a way of establishing him on the show I think, so far season has been alright I think we are looking for more as with it being off the air so long expectations are high.  Great to have it back though. 

Speaking of Meena. It's obviously the original Meena but with the live stage show it was a different woman playing the role. Anyone have any idea why? I didn't think much of it at the stage show as I just assumed the original actor didn't want to participate anymore but when she appeared in the new shows it got me thinking.

I can't be doing with Methadone Mick. No desire whatsoever for them to inject (ha ha) unwanted schmaltz into the show by reminding us that there are diamonds in the rough out there.

Get on with calling each other bawbags and being generally selfish and short-sighted please. 

General litmus test; if a scene is likely to have a hard of thinking auntie going "awww", then it doesn't belong on TV.

23 hours ago, pub car king said:

The best line was jack in the charity shop saying something like, burning junk on my wee Troon spoon. The rest was just a but meh. I suppose every series has a poor episode especially after last week's. 

Closely followed by Shugs being a bawhair away from blowing his pension.

I don't mind the Mick character tbh.  Some people asking how Jack n Victor know him etc lol Just enjoy the show for what its.  

Edited by paisleysaints

4 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:

Speaking of Meena. It's obviously the original Meena but with the live stage show it was a different woman playing the role. Anyone have any idea why? I didn't think much of it at the stage show as I just assumed the original actor didn't want to participate anymore but when she appeared in the new shows it got me thinking.

Given that she only appears for about ten seconds in each episode it can't take long for her to turn up at the studio, film her part then bugger off. Plus that would presumably be done during the day, which is quite different from having to commit to appearing on stage every evening during the run. Maybe that just wasn't convenient for her.

BTW, did the stage actress show her face when the cast were taking their bows at the end?

32 minutes ago, GordonD said:

Given that she only appears for about ten seconds in each episode it can't take long for her to turn up at the studio, film her part then bugger off. Plus that would presumably be done during the day, which is quite different from having to commit to appearing on stage every evening during the run. Maybe that just wasn't convenient for her.

BTW, did the stage actress show her face when the cast were taking their bows at the end?

From what I remember, no she didn't. 

Here's quite an interview with her from a while back: https://www.thefreelibrary.com/I+learned+to+speak+English+watching+kids+TV+shows%3B+EXCLUSIVE%3A+WE+SHOW...-a0136613845

Btw, if it's not been mentioned already, Ronni Ancona is set to make an appearance in this series. 

http://www.bbc.co.uk/mediacentre/latestnews/2016/still-game-for-laughs

On 24/10/2016 at 12:26, Cardinal Richelieu said:

From what I remember, no she didn't. 

Here's quite an interview with her from a while back: https://www.thefreelibrary.com/I+learned+to+speak+English+watching+kids+TV+shows%3B+EXCLUSIVE%3A+WE+SHOW...-a0136613845

Btw, if it's not been mentioned already, Ronni Ancona is set to make an appearance in this series. 

http://www.bbc.co.uk/mediacentre/latestnews/2016/still-game-for-laughs

Did she not have the Robbie Williams mask on?