Still Game & Best Bits

smpar

I thought it was okay. Caravan of Love was funny and I chuckled a couple of other times. The Jam Roly Poly banter was quite entertaining. My main niggle is how Mick goes from not knowing Cornwall is further than Stranraer and yet is able to calculate the distance from Glasgow to South Africa.

Scotland, England, Australia, America, for what it's worth.

I thought it was okay. Caravan of Love was funny and I chuckled a couple of other times. The Jam Roly Poly banter was quite entertaining. My main niggle is how Mick goes from not knowing Cornwall is further than Stranraer and yet is able to calculate the distance from Glasgow to South Africa.

It's that kind of stuff that makes me dislike the character. So inconsistant and I can't help but think his stupidity is there for the younger ones as it seems to be a popular thing to act daft nowasdays.

Winston stole it again for the fourth episode in a row, his "midges up the tadger" rant will go down as a classic!!!
Much, much better than last weeks!!!

Jack's monologue was almost word for word from the original live DVD. I was pretty much saying what he was saying at the same time and was the same for the wildlife documentary dialogue. I know it was for the 20th anniversary but they really shouldn't be repeating jokes. It only brings it down.

Scotland, England, Bulgaria & Poland.....

Better than last week but not saying much. At times it was alright but felt like a lot of scenes dragged on far too long. Does genuinely seem like they're trying to cram Mick into every single episode. Quite how a homeless man seems to be able to afford drink to that extent I have no idea. Also he never actually takes drugs...in spite of being an, eh, drug addict.

I’m in the minority on here it appears but I throughly enjoyed ep 3. Only one at all that I’ve properly laughed at.

Had a few giggles at ep 1  & 4 but not much more than that. Anyone who says ep 2 was good needs big Innes coming to see them- pish.

I’m in the minority on here it appears but I throughly enjoyed ep 3. Only one at all that I’ve properly laughed at.
Had a few giggles at ep 1  & 4 but not much more than that. Anyone who says ep 2 was good needs big Innes coming to see them- pish.

Episode 2 has been the best episode of the season so far by quite some distance.

8 hours ago, MSU said:

Last week he told Boaby he was good with words but not with numbers, and this week suddenly he is.

Pointless character, and sadly complaining about him is the only thing I can take from this week. Very disappointing.

I enjoyed it, felt like it was a decent plot and Jack, Victor and Winston being the main characters is what should also happen. Maybe be not seeing this episode twenty years ago colours it though. 

Feels like it's the first time we've had Jack and Victor insulting each other aswell, which is nice. 

10 hours ago, microdave said:

Jack's monologue was almost word for word from the original live DVD. I was pretty much saying what he was saying at the same time and was the same for the wildlife documentary dialogue. I know it was for the 20th anniversary but they really shouldn't be repeating jokes. It only brings it down.

To be fair, not many people will have seen the stage show from back then before.  I've seen it a few times so I knew what was coming aswell but I thought it was a good nod to the 20 year anniversary to transfer some of the jokes to the telly. It's not the first time they've referenced a joke or copied a joke from that show either but no one complains about the other ones.

Thought this episode was good up until the coke bottles then it seemed like they'd added unnecessary pish to fill the last five minutes.

Scotland, England, Ireland, Poland.

I thought it was ok at best with a few lol moments. As someone pointed out earlier a plot with potential didnt really deliver. Thought it wouldve been funnier if Winston brought his shag back to the caravan to see Jack and Victors reactions. 

Also thought Victor with the jam roly poly was out of character; previously Jack or Winston wouldve been shoe ins for that. 

I dont particularly have any complaints about them referencing past shows/episodes but the 3 of them acting as if they were speaking about the countries shagged for the first time irked me. Sure they couldve done it in a way that they reminisced about speaking about it before. Or they couldve shoehorned a Tam or a Shug into it who werent part of the conversation on the live show and done it that way.

Edited by C. Muir