Still Game & Best Bits

smpar

All of the football scenes were pish. Chuckle Brother nonsense.

That part is the most disappointing for me as the whole walking football idea had potential to be brilliant.

Just now, smpar said:

That part is the most disappointing for me as the whole walking football idea had potential to be brilliant.

This x 10.  The football scenes were awful.  I get that it's walking football so it's obviously not going to be the same as real football but it just seemed so badly done.  The bit where they were defending next to each other as the other team launched balls at them was just pathetic.

This x 10.  The football scenes were awful.  I get that it's walking football so it's obviously not going to be the same as real football but it just seemed so badly done.  The bit where they were defending next to each other as the other team launched balls at them was just pathetic.

Would it surprise you to know the trousers down scene was done in one take?

Who the f**k did they sub to bring naveed on, once the hardman was done and naveed sent off, all of tam, winston, jack and victor scored, surely they didnt sub off isa and have no keeper, if so then i claim bollocks and highly unrealistic lol

On a serious note it wasn't the best, some okay parts but others were cringe worthy, boaby still the man of the series so far for me

6 hours ago, smpar said:

Agreed. I actually thought there were plenty of funny moments last night, but the over the topness of the football bits made it all pretty silly.

This is actually the first series of Still Game that I have seen so I can’t compare it to the earlier series.

So maybe it’s because I haven’t got used to the patter already but I’ve really enjoyed all of the episodes so far, properly laughed out loud a few times during all of them, which is more than I can say for any other tv comedy I’ve watched recently.

I don’t even hate Methadone Mick, though I wouldn’t put him up as a great character, I don’t find the mere glimpse of him ruins an episode for me.

First one was good I thought. Second one very good. Third one absolute pish.

If they keep the storyline simple and realistic to situations old folk might find themselves in it’s so much funnier, a bit far fetched is fine but last night was just OTT I thought and Micks effort was just awful.

Thought this was a poor episode, yes we get it Mick has funny teeth seriously that gag is primary school stuff. Obviously I’m not a fan of Mick and him being shoved in every episode is getting old but this episode would have been alright being the mascot if it wasn’t for the interview scene which was cringe levels off the chart.

Other than that as has been said the football scenes were really stupid and the whole Navid hatchet man while funny came from nowhere so made no sense. Wasn’t expecting big Innes myself, my first thought was Tams mate the big guy that was in the Blighty’s Hardest boozer and Hatch episodes. Shame as I thought it was a decent idea for an episode but poorly done. Saving moment was Winston’s leg getting punted defiantly the best character the last few seasons.

This is actually the first series of Still Game that I have seen so I can’t compare it to the earlier series.

So maybe it’s because I haven’t got used to the patter already but I’ve really enjoyed all of the episodes so far, properly laughed out loud a few times during all of them, which is more than I can say for any other tv comedy I’ve watched recently.

I don’t even hate Methadone Mick, though I wouldn’t put him up as a great character, I don’t find the mere glimpse of him ruins an episode for me.

Go on to Netflix and watch some of the older ones on there, then you will come back realising Mick is a shite character.

I’ve enjoyed the first 2 of this season but the latest one was absolute jobby.

There's a really unrealistic, sort of silly feel the show has that wasn't there before that's kind of distracting. Like when the ball came to Jack and he managed to head it halfway up the pitch. Or Isa, a 70-something year old pensioner being able to dive across a bar to catch a bottle. The original series had the odd moment like that, i.e. the Big Innes episode but that was actually funny, and those moments were few and far between. As has been said the show used to focus on actual, plausible events which might affect pensioners. Now they tend to go for weird, special effects type moments too often.

Navid's cameo was hilarious though. Need an episode which focuses on him and/or Tam.

Definitely the lesser of the three episodes so far. Despite myself, I accidentally laughed at the mascot with the teeth. I enjoyed Navid's contribution to the episode even though it felt a bit out of nowhere. I thought Big Innes would be the ringer, which would've made more sense. Not a great episode. Probably not even a memorable episode but okay. But better than some of the muck they served up last year. And infinitely better than the stage show shite.