Still Game & Best Bits

smpar

Good episode with some laugh out loud moments. What is with shoehorning Mick into every episode, Pete only appeared occasionally. Not a fan of the character but it would be fine if he appeared every now and then instead of every episode.

He's a plot device. When Pete died they couldn't just get another jaikie in and a run of the mill junkie wouldn't quite fit the rest of the cast. Having a smart. smart guy who is a junkie seems to make him stand out from beige background characters. They went about it the wrong way in season 7 trying to shoehorn him in at all opportunities to make him likeable. This season seems to be better. Post credits in one and then an explanation for 2nd. They aren't mickcentric episodes. Keep it like this and the anger might cool abit

He's a plot device. When Pete died they couldn't just get another jaikie in and a run of the mill junkie wouldn't quite fit the rest of the cast. Having a smart. smart guy who is a junkie seems to make him stand out from beige background characters. They went about it the wrong way in season 7 trying to shoehorn him in at all opportunities to make him likeable. This season seems to be better. Post credits in one and then an explanation for 2nd. They aren't mickcentric episodes. Keep it like this and the anger might cool abit

Possibly but Pete was only in 13 episodes over a 5 year period, Mick has already been in 11. Should definitely be a background character but like Shug and Peggy doesn’t need to appear every episode. Perhaps he will fade over time.

Possibly but Pete was only in 13 episodes over a 5 year period, Mick has already been in 11. Should definitely be a background character but like Shug and Peggy doesn’t need to appear every episode. Perhaps he will fade over time.

It's possibly hes shiny new at this stage and.need is felt

I thought he was fine last night when he was used more than because of his ridiculous teeth. Hard to justify his importance, though, and belongs to a generation that isn't really the point of Still Game. Most of his lines would be perfectly acceptable coming out of someone else's mouth.

Random niggle: Isa appeared not to see the undertaker touch Eric (“at least he never touched any ae us”) and later knew Eric had been touched.
Jack and Victor were both watching Eric and on the right side to see the touch.

14 hours ago, Bert Raccoon said:

People on social media seem to love Mick, f**k knows why but we seem to be basing his popularity on a small group of fans on here. Personally I think he's pointless.

I think in general he's a pretty popular character. It just seems to be here that he's almost universally loathed.

He is shite, but worse, he's pointless and unfunny.

I've yet to see the latest episode but I'm starting to wonder if Methadone Mick has some contractual agreement to be in every episode.  It doesn't seem natural that a secondary character is just constantly in every episode and at times every other scene and as we saw in the first new episode, inserted in at the very end, almost as if he had to be.

During the last series, I posted that the introduction of Methadone Mick was like in the episode of The Simpsons when Itchy and Scratchy bring in Poochie as a new character to beef up the story lines.  Later on in that episode Homer comes up with a list to improve Poochie in the show and one of his ideas is for everyone to say, when Poochie is not on screen to constantly ask 'Where's Poochie?'  That's what where we are with Methadone Mick now! 

9 minutes ago, Highland Capital said:

I've yet to see the latest episode but I'm starting to wonder if Methadone Mick has some contractual agreement to be in every episode.  It doesn't seem natural that a secondary character is just constantly in every episode and at times every other scene and as we saw in the first new episode, inserted in at the very end, almost as if he had to be.

During the last series, I posted that the introduction of Methadone Mick was like in the episode of The Simpsons when Itchy and Scratchy bring in Poochie as a new character to beef up the story lines.  Later on in that episode Homer comes up with a list to improve Poochie in the show and one of his ideas is for everyone to say, when Poochie is not on screen to constantly ask 'Where's Poochie?'  That's what where we are with Methadone Mick now! 

Of course Poochie eventually returned to his home planet (but died during the voyage) so hopefully Mick will do the same...