Still Game & Best Bits

smpar

Audio description is on BBC 1 for us! It's a pain in the arse, describing everything before it happens

Did we press a button by accident or has everyone got this?

Had to change it to SD instead, apparently it’s an error with Virgin (that’s who I’m with).

3 minutes ago, San Starko Rover said:

So close to getting through a whole episode without Methadone Mick. Steady enough episode.

The only sour note for me - but at least he served a gag purpose. Last series he’d have part of the main story, for no particular reason.

Had to change it to SD instead, apparently it’s an error with Virgin (that’s who I’m with).

Yeah, heard that but I had paused it for about 15 minutes so couldn't change the channel. Had to give up, it was totally ruining it. I'll watch it on iplayer tomorrow

I thought that was decent, a lot better than the last series which was mostly awful. The premise for the episode was good but think they could've done more with it, maybe scenes of them avoiding Boabby and not just getting pished.

Some genuine heart with Isa's party rather than just sticking them in silly situations like last series.

The HD filming annoys me more than it should

As I've said before, the HD camera fucks it for me. Shows up the acting skills that little bit more, gives the staging a darker feel, and it's just like there's a 'beat' missed. It's not the comedy itself, it just feels 'off'. That said, I'd rather watch an utter shite episode of Still Game than most things on TV.

Audio description is on BBC 1 for us! It's a pain in the arse, describing everything before it happens

Did we press a button by accident or has everyone got this?

Thank f**k you said this, was convinced I'd hit something and had to turn off and watch on the iPlayer later. Presume it was a problem with virgin because my dads telly next door was fine.

I thought the last series was God awful for the most part, but I enjoyed that last night. Felt more like the original series.

My enjoyment was totally ruined when 'Methadone Mick' appeared at the end though. I had hoped they'd taken the hint and punted him.

Folk absolutely desperate to moan about this show and I've absolutely no idea why. 

Last series was poor but got better, and last night was back to the quality of an older episode. Isa popping up in the background when Navid and Peggy are talking about party hats had me going, as did Tams rant about gammon/pulled pork. 

The third (I think) surprise party flashback when they're all rehearsing saying "Happy Birthday Isa" and she's in the room doing it too had my laughing out loud. A few other bits too. Definite improvement on last series, folk wanting to moan for the sake of it here I think.