Still Game & Best Bits

smpar

On 2/10/2017 at 11:30, Moonglum25 said:

Was at the show last night and thought it was much better than the first one.  This was more off a show than a programme adapted for the stage. May not be everyone's cup of tea but enough to make it an enjoyable night out.

Exactly what I thought about it.  Saw it on Saturday and thought it was brilliant.  Everybody played their part and they turned it into an actual stage show.  Highlights for me being the running machine (got to pace yourself!) and Bobby meeting Mrs Tennents :lol:

The production overall was brilliant. Last time there was 3 crappy sets and nothing else - here we had set changes every 2 seconds!  Very impressive.

Thoroughly enjoyed it, as others have said, I liked the effort they've made with this one. The sets and storyline were excellent without going over the top. Some right arseholes in the crowd but that was to be expected.

Edited by Bert Raccoon

51 minutes ago, RadgerTheBadger said:

It's actually Still Game Live 3

The original one made in the late 90s was absolutely superb

Tis. Without wanting to go all hipster, it was by far the best (never saw it at that the time, but it's on DVD and Youtube).

Very understated... one set, no physical comedy, and only Jack, Victor and Winston. The language would have made it an over 18s show as well...obviously that wouldn't translate well to the Hydro! 

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

I was hoping there'll be more but they're going to have to up their game, there were some cracking moments in the last series but some rank stuff too,the episode with Fergie was embarrassingly bad and Methadone Mick is just shite. Overall the last series was meh!

In last week's 'River City' somebody suggested that the character A.J. went to a fancy dress party as Navid from 'Still Game'. This was rejected as A.J. was far too young. (Both characters played by the same actor, in case you didn't know.)

21 hours ago, Co.Down Hibee said:

I was hoping there'll be more but they're going to have to up their game, there were some cracking moments in the last series but some rank stuff too,the episode with Fergie was embarrassingly bad and Methadone Mick is just shite. Overall the last series was meh!

Agree with this.  Was delighted at the last stage show though as I thought it was class.  

It's the hope that gets you!

Anyone who'd 'enter' pop your name on here and I'll keep a list. If I get at least 10 names I'll get a quiz going.

(I assume '2' and '3' would enter given they've liked my post)

1) Cardinal

2) Happysouth

3) LondonHMFC

4) Rugster

5) Father Doug

6) King Dom

7) Alang1993

8) Albertlegend

9) BigMartyn86

10) FlyBhoy

11) LoonsYouthTeam

12) Cowden_T.I.D