Squads for France & Italy

• Replies 452
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Chris fu.cking martin.......he should be sacked on the spot for picking this imposter AGAIN. It's truly frightening this clown gets anywhere near a national team.

His physic is horrendous for a professional footballer this day and age, Davie wear at 40yrs old would have burned this dude for pace.

I'd be giving Kingsley a call up, seems to have done well in premiership with Swansea recently. Need to get some new players into the team. A young guy who can play centre back aswell.

Rhodes ahead of Martin aswell for me, happy with the rest. Bannan has had a good season so might be worth starting him.

McKay's been excellent, Murphy's season will barely have finished (in theory).

Murphy's also never a Scotland internationalist. Good player, never international level.

And McKay is? Hes had a decent season against lower league teams. Should we call up Will Vaulks aswell?

Guest DAVIDB69

I would rather young players were brought in for the future the current old hands will ensure a pretty awful wc campaign to come

Mckay if he progresses could turn out to be a good squad member his only fault for some on here is he plays for Rangers. Moaning about a young scot in the squad and failing to criticise the inclusion of the donkey martin says all you need to know about some posters.

Tin hat on here but I have to disagree with some of my fellow dons supporters here.........I think for once Strachan has called it right by leaving the Dons players out when they have to play euro fixtures early, same with the Celtic Players as well so I do not understand the issue?? Anyone who saw Shinnie at the weekend against Celtic can see the lad is shattered as well and needs a break but wont get one as his Club Manager is so scared to rotate the squad.......As for the hate on Wallace and McKay I have to say I agree with their call ups, folk moan about Club form being ignored well here are two players being picked based on their form for 2 NOTHING friendlies we will likely lose so whats the issue? Who cares if they play for Rangers anyway? Club allegiances shouldn't matter when its our country.

The biggest gripe I actually have is as others have said, Chris Martin? Foreamus will testify on this, I made no secret in the past my hatred for Steven Fletcher's constant inclusion but having seen him feature regularly for Marseille I have mellowed a little....Chris Martin is horrific and Casper the Ghost aka Steven Naismith is living off of past glories, ask any Norwich Fan and they will tell you how bad hes been yet still a first choice for us......

Finally, anyone who backs the continued selection of Alan Hutton, the worst Right Back of the worst ever English Premiership Team needs their head examined, his best days are behind him, time to get rid of him.

No, he's English.

McKay is one for the future clearly.

Half our team is English :lol:

Hopefully see more of the lad Burke. Impressive any time I've seen him for Forest and had a decent enough cameo in the Denmark game

The ever rational response to a friendly squad I see.

Strachan's comments should be taken as forcing an answer to a question.  He had to say something about why Wallace and McKay were called up, but, as he often does, he overdid the point.

As for the names, McGinn over Bridcutt (or even over anyone competent) is a strange one but for the most part he's rewarded the guys who did a decent job in their spot starts against Denmark and the Czech Republic.  Glad Phillips is getting another run out - I think he's our best winger now that Snodgrass is more of a 10.

Folks really need to recognise that a fit Chris Martin will be called up to every squad Strachan names.  He's usually given a selfless job - chasing after long balls when they are in backs-to-the-wall mode.  He looks excellent in an attacking Derby side though.  He'd be an excellent signing for Celtic, and if he was playing for Celtic and scoring left, right and centre I'm sure the complaints would soon stop.

The Thumb was a bit of a joke player down south, after all.  

Moaning about Alan Hutton again.

Will it ever stop? What do we have to do to make it stop? Throw Ziggy Gordon or Callum Patterson in against England at Wembley?

Ah, because that's who these friendly games are against.

I'd be giving Kingsley a call up

post-12228-0-92700300-1463061819.jpg

Good shout. He could give bite to the midfield. And set c***s on fire

I notice he hasn't called up a few Celtic players too. Maybe he wants the Aberdeen players to get better rest before their more important Qualifiers?

I came in here to ask what the Rangers fans will be moaning about this time.

Facebook/Twitter is awash with rangers fans hoping they would tell Scotland to shove it or boycott it.  Total cretins these fans.  Seriously because they have a strange bigoted outlook on life they expect football players to knock back a call up for their country.

All this over a squad announcement for two games which are effectively there to give Italy and France some semi-competent fodder to beat.  As others have said, given he's not calling up Celtic or Aberdeen players, there really isn't much in the squad to question.

Jordan Rhodes isn't there, which will enrage some.  I'd probably have him in there over Chris Martin, but discussing which player is possibly going to get 5 mins at the end of the game isn't of the greatest importance.  He's certainly not going to start

Also like others have said, once the playoff finalists are known, we could have a mass exodus from the squad.  Let's see how well we can scrape the barrel.

Facebook/Twitter is awash with rangers fans hoping they would tell Scotland to shove it or boycott it.  Total cretins these fans.  Seriously because they have a strange bigoted outlook on life they expect football players to knock back a call up for their country.

I wouldn't say it's bigotry in this case, just stupidity.  They see the SFA and the entirety of Scottish football as out to get them, so they believe that everyone "Rangers-minded" should feel the same, including players.  Aye, because those players are going to go "I'd love to play for you boss, but I think Scottish football is against Rangers, so no thanks."  Pish.

I wouldn't worry if I was them though.  At the moment apart from very few exceptions, there isn't really anyone that would be a regular first team pick from Rangers anyway.

quite happy with most if the squad. glad to see oli Burke in again. I reckon he might have a big future.

only irks are

- the celtic players being left out. I don't like how Strachan feels he has to have some sort of story to go with each squad (resting celtic players this time, giving guys time on the pitch before etc etc) as he only ever ends up contradicting himself over it

- martin might well be good in an attacking derby side but it's quite clear he offers nothing in a backs to the wall scotland setup. I actually feel a bit sorry for him as im not sure what Strachan expects him to do for us (score goals obviously, but he's so off the pace he's hardly even got on the ball in the caps he's had)

Archived