Squads for France & Italy

• Replies 452
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd go for Hutton Martin Berra Robertson. Personally I like having a balanced back line so that's why I've included Berra plus I think he's a better player than Hanley. Greer has done well when he's played, the stats don't lie but with him being mid 30's then it's time for him to move on.

Does anyone give a f**k about these games?

Apparently so and some even think there is a chance of us qualifying for the world cup

Mind you there once was the flat earth society 😂

I'd go for Hutton Martin Berra Robertson. Personally I like having a balanced back line so that's why I've included Berra plus I think he's a better player than Hanley. Greer has done well when he's played, the stats don't lie but with him being mid 30's then it's time for him to move on.

Berra is more experienced, I'd say - not necessarily a better player*. And Berra is approaching 32 as well, so you're talking about getting a campaign out of him before his career starts to tail off. Hanley, at 24, should be the basis of our defence for the next ten years (unless a clearly better option surfaces).

*though does anyone remember his horrendous rugby tackle against a Slovenian in our box a few years ago?  :o

Guest DAVIDB69

TBF it was injury that f*cked Owen at 25/26.

As for Rhodes, there seems to be a general feeling that he's not going to displace Fletcher for the big games, but it's a bit odd that he's completely blanked for the squads. I think that's the rational argument here: As long as he keeps delivering for his club (in the EPL now), it seems a little bonkers to deny ourselves his services should certain games need them (starting against weaker opposition or coming on in the last 20/30 mins in other games). We can call up 4 or 5 strikers - I'd always use one of those slots for an out and out finisher.

As normal with teams promoted to the premier league they then tend to look abroad for better quality and middlesborough are looking at forwards from Spain.

So the chances of Rhodes starting in the premier league are slim, he will at best be a sub or a capital one cup man for when they play weaker teams.

Suspect he may be back in the championship on loan in January

As normal with teams promoted to the premier league they then tend to look abroad for better quality and middlesborough are looking at forwards from Spain.

So the chances of Rhodes starting in the premier league are slim, he will at best be a sub or a capital one cup man for when they play weaker teams.

Suspect he may be back in the championship on loan in January

Yeah if Boro buy big then I think Rhodes will effectively be relegated to the role David Nugent played last season (70th minute sub). It's up to him to make the most of whatever chances he gets in the EPL tho.

Guest DAVIDB69

He has a scoring record better than Jamie Vardy's and not far off Troy Deeney's when both went into their first season in the EPL.

I suspect he did but it always seems harder for Scottish squad members to get a chance in the premier league if he gets any chance he has to grab it as he is u proven at this level

Archived