Attendances

Tbf, I've never placed a huge of amount of weight on the "best of the weekend" stuff - it depends so much on who's at home, who's on TV, etc.

Nonetheless we do have high, almost unsurpassed crowds, yet the media usually bemoan them or even label them as "dwindling".

Tbf, I've never placed a huge of amount of weight on the "best of the weekend" stuff - it depends so much on who's at home, who's on TV, etc.

Nonetheless we do have high, almost unsurpassed crowds, yet the media usually bemoan them or even label them as "dwindling".

Yes, I agree that is a fair point but 14 times this season must mean we must be up their unless in the other weeks (ie the weeks celtic are away) it has been really low. I think the reason they look very low or "dwindling" is the old top tier requirement of a 10k stadium. Attendances not massively rising whereas the stadia did leaving half empty stadiums up and down the country. Would be nice if all clubs could now have a stadium nearer the size of their needs but of course that would cost lots for the clubs which they just don't simply have.

There are a lot more than 19 leagues in Europe.  I have no doubt we would be in the top 2 or 3 regardless, but it seems strange that the absolute c**t of a human being who runs that account hasn't included them all.

For this 14 times at top are they using actual bums on seats at the ground on match day or the invisible fans who bought season tickets method?

It will go by official announced attendances I'd imagine so it will vary team by team

It's all part of Slow. Lingering. Death.

Archived