• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well I'd be up for speaking to an Ayr United representative to see if they'd be interested in organising something for Sunday. We could go with the Scottish based Charity. The idea of a tournament between the clubs would be great too, however, I'm powerless to organise such an event, but will speak to Ayr Utd & put that idea out there. I'll inform you all on here of progress. I would urge any supporters like myself, of Clyde & Falkirk to get the ball rolling at their ends. I think this would be a really positive thing to do in such tragic circumstances.

Just a wee update. I've spoken to a representative of the club & ive been advised that they do not allow any charity based collections etc within the stadium, however he doesn't think it could be stopped out with the ground. I have said I wouldn't do anything outside the ground if the club were against it, but have asked him to get back to me with a yes/no answer as soon as they can.

I'm all in favour of a minute's silence or applause before the game but I don't understand this 16th minute thing, what are the players supposed to do? A lot of them knew him personally.

Feel really sorry for the train driver as well. A terrible thing for him to have to go through. I'm sure it will haunt him for the rest of his days

Thanks for being brave enough to mention that. My ex-wife's brother ended his life on the Forth Road Bridge in a similar manner. Met the driver about a week later and the poor guy was absolutely shot to pieces. Horrible for everyone involved, emergency services etc.

Hope the poor fella has found his peace now.

I'm all in favour of a minute's silence or applause before the game but I don't understand this 16th minute thing, what are the players supposed to do? A lot of them knew him personally.

I think back to the Cup Final with the 'specific time' applause, we were applauding when ICT got their first IIRC.

And pre kick off It has to be a minutes silence over an applause every single time.

Just learned about this sad news today.

As a QoS player, he was a big part of a very happy period for the club and its supporters.

I met him briefly after our Ramsden Cup win and he was charming. I am very sorry to hear about

this and the upset it must be causing those close to him.

A donation to a mental health charity seems a good idea right now.

I think back to the Cup Final with the 'specific time' applause, we were applauding when ICT got their first IIRC.

And pre kick off It has to be a minutes silence over an applause every single time.

Agreed a minutes silence is what it should be. A minutes applause shows no respect. Silence gets it across far better

Agreed a minutes silence is what it should be. A minutes applause shows no respect. Silence gets it across far better

I agree especially in cases like this. Never been a big fan of the applause during the game and to be honest its more suited to thanking a player whose leaving than marking someones passing.

I remember saying to friends that day it would be somewhat ironic if there was a goal during that minute (37th or 38th wasn't it?).

It seemed like the whole ground was politely applauding ICT as they attacked before Watkins scored.

Both silence and applause last night at the Clyde game was a fantastic tribute.

By twist of fate we actually got a free kick in Mitchell territory bang on 16 mins (his number here), the applause was really heart felt. Kilpatrick actually went pretty close with the attempt. I know what was going through my mind at the time, unfortunately it didn't go in.

Quite agree but did the applause idea not start due to fans of the OF being utter arseholes in not respecting the silences?

If I had someone close dying the power of thousands of people staying silent for a minute in memory would be immense. Applause, fair enough but not the same.

I don't remember ever seeing this lad play but I do know last year I had a mental health episode that  resulted in me contempating suicide as my only way out. I am only here now because of quick intervention of my GP and the love and support of my family. My heart goes out to his family and friends. There but for the grace of God. I hope you are at peace Chris but I wish someone could have reached you too.

Archived