Weekend in Dundee

Tried a place called the Beiderbeckes which is around the corner from The Globe pub and that's absolutely class. The atmosphere is labelled as a Jazz restaurant and it's pretty damn classy. Completely underrated.

Walked passed that place every day when I lived up at Pleasance Court, was always tempted to give it a go. Wish I did now!

• 4 months later...
  • Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bump. 

Up staying in Carnoustie this weekend and wondered if anyone had any restaurant recommendations within Carnoustie or Arbroath ? Had a look on trip advisor but nothing jumping out apart from the Indian in Carnoustie. 

Bump. 

Up staying in Carnoustie this weekend and wondered if anyone had any restaurant recommendations within Carnoustie or Arbroath ? Had a look on trip advisor but nothing jumping out apart from the Indian in Carnoustie. 

There's a restaurant at Arbroath harbour that's quite decent. Bit fancy, forgotten its name though. There's another one in Arbroath that's down a wee lane, quite near the theatre there. Once again, forgotten the name though.

Nae use. [emoji23]

Bump. 

Go to the Ferry for tea. Or if you fancy a further 10 minutes up the Coast to the Roos Leap in Montrose. Arbroath has decent places but nothing great to be honest.

ETA: Arbroath you've got Coast, The Townhouse or the Boatyard basically. Tutties is actually very good for a meal.

Roos Leap? If your idea of a great night out is Franky and Benny's.

The only decent eating out to be had on the Angus coast is the Old Brewhouse in Arbroath and it's really reasonably priced. That said I haven't been in about 4 years.

If I was in Arbroath I would just go for a fish supper. You won't regret it wherever you go.

A lot of people go to the Aboukir in Carnoustie. S'aright - pub grub marked up.

If you want something half decent for a a meal out I would check train times to Broughty Ferry or Dundee if you aren't driving.

Roos Leap? If your idea of a great night out is Franky and Benny's.
The only decent eating out to be had on the Angus coast is the Old Brewhouse in Arbroath and it's really reasonably priced. That said I haven't been in about 4 years.
If I was in Arbroath I would just go for a fish supper. You won't regret it wherever you go.
A lot of people go to the Aboukir in Carnoustie. S'aright - pub grub marked up.
If you want something half decent for a a meal out I would check train times to Broughty Ferry or Dundee if you aren't driving.

Roos Leap is miles better than Frankie and Bennys and the Old Brewhouse is average. Tutties/Coast and the Townhouse all much better.

Would agree on second bit, if you want a good meal there's plenty in the Ferry (Broughty Ferry) and it's the same distance.

Archived