Weekend in Dundee

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply
35 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

Stay far, far away from The Beer Kitchen. Dreadful place that they've completely misjudged

I quite liked it initially but it went downhill rapid. Sticky floors one Sunday afternoon was the final straw.

that and taking the patè off the menu.

Was in Rama Thai on Sunday night. Red curry I had was superb. Missus had the green curry, and that too was superb. 

Quite an odd dining experience in that there is no music. Usually that's fine when it's a busy place, but there was only a few tables occupied. Didn't bother me, but just found it a bit strange. 

As taste goes, was probably close to Chaopraya where we often go to in Edinburgh. 

3 hours ago, Wardy said:

Was in Rama Thai on Sunday night. Red curry I had was superb. Missus had the green curry, and that too was superb. 

Quite an odd dining experience in that there is no music. Usually that's fine when it's a busy place, but there was only a few tables occupied. Didn't bother me, but just found it a bit strange. 

As taste goes, was probably close to Chaopraya where we often go to in Edinburgh. 

both are fantastic imo. Not Thai food but try Chop Chop in Edinburgh.

Is Jimmy Chung's still any good in Dundee?

35 minutes ago, MONKMAN said:

Dusit on thistle street is better than Chaopraya.

Never tried there tbh but the crispy duck salad at Chaopraya is one of the best dishes I've ever tasted.

1 hour ago, MONKMAN said:

Dusit on thistle street is better than Chaopraya.

Will have to try there, but I've had mixed reviews..

I do love Thai food though, so will definitely give it a bash.

1 hour ago, SweeperDee said:

Aye, it's only really decent when you're hanging out of your arse, but even then it's still not the best. Avoid.

come to think of it that's the only times I've ever been there!

Archived