The 3rd Chapter. (Accies 2016/2017 Thread)

D'Acol looked more than decent today.

Something fishy about Diaby, who I'm more of a footballer than, getting playing time ahead of him...

How would you know? You don't go to games, Bateman. Scotty told me.

Yeah, it'll no doubt be Imrie. Apparently Docherty did well in front of the defence yesterday, so hopefully he'll form a partnership with Gills in the midfield which renders MacKinnon surplus to requirements.

As people have said, Imrie should be our captain, tbh I always thought he should have been it over McGovern, don't get me wrong, McGovern is a great player, but he just seems to laid back, he won't get up other players asses when they're not performing. Plus it's hard to be an influence all over the pitch from the keeper position, the only reason I could think was that he had experience with that role, cause if I'm not mistaken he captained Falkirk.

This summer I think the main object of concern is the defence, with Ziggy definitely leaving, our flanks are greatly exposed. We can't just rely on Gillespie and Lyon to fill the role, as they've been shown, that they can't perform there. Kurakins is another problem, waste of space imo, and would not like to see him next season. So getting in two full backs should be high priority. As for the centre of defence, I think Devlin, Lucas and Tena, would maybe just be enough, but if Canning wants to continue with 5 at the back, then I think he should bring in another.

I think our midfield should be fine, if Crawford stays that added with boys like Docherty and Boyd coming through, it won't need to much tampering. If we can get Morris back, then the attack should also be OK, as Brophy seems to be getting better with the more game time he plays, and him and Morris, looked a really good partnership. D'col as others have said deserves more time, as there has been spells, where he's shown a bit of quality, so maybe a full pre season will help him get bedded in better.

Wouldn't like to see Keating's come back, there's a reason teams going up to the premiership left him behind, because they know he's not good enough at this level.

I'd like to see Redmond stay, there is quality there, if he can stay fit, then hopefully he can re-capture it. I've never thought much of Kurtaj, would put him together with Kurakins, but some fans think he has quality, so I'm willing to give him more time and hopefully prove me wrong.

Edited by Laid-back Accie

The 1st half of the season the signs were there that Kurtaj had ability and touches of quality but as the season progressed he proved to be consistently pish, on the other hand Kurakins had real horror shows and looked totally out his depth. This has changed toward the end of the season. He looks to have settled and for the most part does what he's there to do. I'd get shot of Kurtaj.

He's contracted until 2018 so hopefully get a decent amount of money for him. We have so many players of that ilk (Boyd, Docherty, Kurtaj, Redmond) that we may already have a replacement in the side. None of them are as good as Crawford can be, but he's just not looked interested for a while. I'm slightly more concerned about the Brophy to Hearts rumour (which probably will just turn out to be utter shite) as Brophy's beginning to look really good and we're very depleted in our striking options.

Consistent posts on here regarding Ali with very little support on his contribution this season. He has been involved in almost 50% of Accies league goals, either scoring or assisting, which is similar to last season where he was one of the top in the Premiership. Yet posters would like him gone?? Maybe for Ali that is the best option.