The 3rd Chapter. (Accies 2016/2017 Thread)

17 hours ago, d31 said:

whats the scoop with Devlin's contract?

He has one year to run? Does he have a release clause?

A lot of rumours up here that he is coming to the Dons in the summer but something doesn't add up as Dons unlikely to pay anything more than a small fee, say £100k-£150k

If Aberdeen are mad enough to pay £100k for Devlin, I'll drive him to Aberdeen myself to get the cheque.  Lovely guy, but nowhere near Aberdeen standard.

9 hours ago, Patrick Bateman said:

What's going on with Crawford just now?

I don't think I've ever seen a less interested player than he's been since the turn of the year.

Controversial perhaps, but I wouldn't have him anywhere near the team for the remaining games. We simply can't afford to carry passengers at the moment.

On an unrelated note, I think Donati is a haddy. What a disappointment.

Spot on Pat. Crawford looks totally uninterested and i'd bin him for the remaining games. As for Donati, i've lost count of the amount of times he puts us in trouble with his sloppy passing. He's done.

If the U20s beat Celtic on Thursday, then they win the league. Any other result will see County win it. 7pm at NDP. They beat Ross County (league leaders) 2-1 in Dingwall tonight.

Get along if you can!

1 hour ago, Gingerlad123 said:

Heard something about us getting Derek Asamoah back on trial. Could be utter nonsense as the source is not the most reliable. 

Currently playing alongside James Wesolowski at Guiseley. Too old for this league.

• 2 weeks later...

Would happily let Brophy go, but is there a chance he could do a turn in the Championship for us? I'd keep Skondras, but D'Acol isn't really getting any younger and Adams has barely featured.

12 minutes ago, FuzzyBear said:

I would also keep Skondras and D'acol if possible. Brophy and Adams are not good enough.

It's clear that Brophy is not ready for Premiership football yet but if given a run in the team along with another forward I think he'd do Ok in the Championship. I spoke to one of his neighbours not that long ago and Brophy told him that he's unhappy at Accies under Canning's management because he doesn't know what he's doing. So if Canning is still our manager next season, I think it would be best for both parties if he moves on. Big Sandy I'd keep. Skondras is a bit of a bombscare at times so I'm undecided if I'd want to keep him.