The 3rd Chapter. (Accies 2016/2017 Thread)

Obviously got to India, didn't fancy it and made up some bullshit excuse to come back. Olympiacos sounds close enough to Hamilton Accies I s'pose.

Think there might have been some issues behind the scenes as it doesn't seem as if there was any attempt to keep him by Thistle unlike Frans and Miller, which I assumed at the time was because he was wanting too much money or wanted to go back to England but maybe just a fallout.

I'd have kept him but if you'd said swap him for Gordon I'd have said aye so I'll take that.

Seabourne and a striker apparently.

I guess Olympiacos and Hamilton both play in red and white. ClosesClosest Dan would get to signing for the Greek outfit, tbh. 

He can be solid or a total liability at times.  Canning seems keen on him and apparently went to the board to back the move.

Smacks of Conrad seeking pastures new and ending up half an hour down the road. #ThePlasticIsntGreener

The goalscoring record of this striker Rakish Bingham that's supposedly signing looks pretty grim. He was on loan at Falikrk a few years back in the Championship, making 11 appearances and never even managed to find the net. It wasn't that much better reading at any of his other previous clubs either. He's still only 22 though so has time to improve.

Getting a 3rd centre half isn't a bad thing. Jesus is out for the foreseeable future and McGregor is brutal so we need cover for Devlin and Sarris. As said full backs are still priority. Bingham just the usual pish striker for us.

McGregor > Devlin

Know for a fact that Seaborne wasn't particularly well liked at Firhill.

In terms of footballing ability, he's a tidy enough signing for Accies - without knowing much about the new boy Sarris, I'd say he's better than any of the other central defensive options on offer. 

4 minutes ago, Armand 2 said:

Know for a fact that Seaborne wasn't particularly well liked at Firhill.

In terms of footballing ability, he's a tidy enough signing for Accies - without knowing much about the new boy Sarris, I'd say he's better than any of the other central defensive options on offer. 

Should fit in well with Imrie and Mackinnon then ;)

Getting a 3rd centre half isn't a bad thing. Jesus is out for the foreseeable future and McGregor is brutal so we need cover for Devlin and Sarris. Could also mean we may start going 3 CBs again where we were relatively successful last season.
As said full backs are still priority.

Bingham just the usual pish striker for us.

Full backs are def a priority but how you can say McGregor is brutal given hes played 3 first team games, we won them all, and he even scored, is harsh in the extreme. Considering the lack of experience he has, and fact hes still a teenager in a mans position, i think your writing him off far far too quickly.

Im not sure this flingin shite at the defence holds up actually. Too many balls lost in midfield, too many terrible "passes". Lots to work on.

The lad from partick is a decent enough out and out defender, but hes slow, can lack fitness, and his distribution is poor. Another knee jerk signing. But then again so many cream their y's for Tena and i think hes abysmal and no loss whatsoever.

8 hours ago, Laid-back Accie said:

Just two full backs now, and i'd say we're sorted.

We need a player the who'll score goals, whether it be a striker or an attacking midfielder. We'll be relegated if have to rely on the odd goal here and there from players. We need someone who'll consistently put the ball in the back of the net. The only player I can remotely see being up to it would be Brophy.

9 hours ago, F-in-fitbaw said:

Full backs are def a priority but how you can say McGregor is brutal given hes played 3 first team games, we won them all, and he even scored, is harsh in the extreme. Considering the lack of experience he has, and fact hes still a teenager in a mans position, i think your writing him off far far too quickly.

Im not sure this flingin shite at the defence holds up actually. Too many balls lost in midfield, too many terrible "passes". Lots to work on.

The lad from partick is a decent enough out and out defender, but hes slow, can lack fitness, and his distribution is poor. Another knee jerk signing. But then again so many cream their y's for Tena and i think hes abysmal and no loss whatsoever.

Agree about McGregor, but disagree about Tena. Although he's pretty slow he is generally reliable and unlike the other centre backs, he's excellent with the ball at his feet.

The physio is leaving soon. We should all sing her a song on Saturday in appreciation of her fine work. Might I suggest Victoria by the Kinks?

Edited by AmanAccie