The Partick Thistle thread

11 hours ago, EdinburghTurkey said:

As a Torquay fan (now living in Edinburgh and getting to know my new local side), McGinty is definitely a level above Balatoni. He started every single league and cup game in his two years for us, was our captain last year and was offered a new contract. His spell coincided with us being an absolute mess, skint and fighting relegation both years, but he was relatively stable given what was going on around him, and it was the lack of quality around him that brought relegation. Balatoni arrived in January and played 16 times - doing ok but not excelling.

McGinty is a no nonsense type defender - big, physical and good in the air. With 4 goals last season he could have been our top goalscorer, but we signed a striker on 16th March that scored 6 goals in 7 starts and he ended up winning it. Biggest flaw is definitely when he's on the ball and distribution - his hoofs up the pitch nowhere near anyone were a running frustration, but if you don't ask much of him on the ball his other attributes make up for it. I'll be curious to see how he gets on, and will try to take in a Thistle game whilst groundhopping.

Thanks EdinburghTurkey.

I arrived in Scotland 33 years ago and got to know my new local side. Fortunately, I was in Glasgow :)

Doolan started 18 out of 33 league games last season. He played around half of the minutes available to an ever present player. 1724 out of 3420 minutes. There's been talk over the last couple of seasons about a knee injury.

We need a couple of strikers to add to the squad based on those figures alone. 

Erskine played almost the same number of minutes 1700 over the league campaign.

So looking at raw minutes data Kris and Chris played the time of one fully present player between them.last season.

Lawless played even less minutes 1671. You just wonder what Archibald was thinking looking back on the dust of last season.

4 hours ago, bunglebonce said:

That’s Herron at the back of the running pack in the second photo, I think.  County had him on trial for most of last year’s pre-season.

Damnit.  That's the first time I've ever been able to name a guess-the-trialist competition.  Now,  if Jordi Balk or Uros Celcer get a trial...

Encouraging words from our new chairperson.  I have noticed recently that Archie has been saying that both he and Gerry will be trying to get the player side sorted and now Jacqui saying the three of them will be a formidable force. Is it just me (and it probably is) that thinks Scott Paterson seems out the loop. Surely he must have a say in player recruitment as well.

https://ptfc.co.uk/ptfc-news/statement-from-new-partick-thistle-chairman-jacqui-low/

1 hour ago, Armand 2 said:

Heard that Barton didn't show up/wasn't invited for the start of pre-season training. Keown and Storey both present.

1 hour ago, Pie Of The Month said:

I'm sure there's another picture which shows Barton was there yesterday.

1 hour ago, Fuctifano said:

Screenshot_2018-06-20-11-13-51-694.jpeg

Image result for abe simpson gif

18 hours ago, YassinMoutaouakil said:

Some coup appointing the current Germany manager as your new Chairperson, lads.

Die Mannschaft und vor Allem das deutsche Publikum sieht das etwas anders: the German team and in particular the German public would like to get shot of him.