The Partick Thistle thread

3 hours ago, costa said:

I think we need another keeper, not seen any of the young guy we have or if he’s ready for first team action. Bell sounds a bit injury prone and I would want someone with a bit more experience as back up. I’d quite like us to sign a random black guy who isn’t a god worshipper and who doesn’t invent his own clothing label.

We'll be a bit hamstrung by budgetary concerns and due to that we may well be limited to going with 2 first team goalkeepers + whatever we have through Thistle Weir  - would hazard a guess that we'll go with the goalkeeping options we've got and maybe leave a little bit aside for an emergency loan if there's an injury crisis there.

Edited by Thistle_do_nicely

37 minutes ago, PauloPerth said:

Shouldn't Jacqui be the new chairperson ?

Chairwoman. (Continued on pointless, irritating business speak thread.)

22 hours ago, Firhill_Basin said:

Another English lower league jobber gives me the fear.

Will give him a chance though etc etc.

Archie said a couple of weeks ago we would generally be looking at signings from the Scottish leagues as we couldn’t really afford players from the English leagues (though considering some of the utter duds he has signed from the English leagues and if they have always generally been more expensive I’m not too sure why at times he bothered)

given the McGinty signing plus possibly looking at a Birmingham striker I presume something has possibly changed 

21 minutes ago, third lanark said:

Archie said a couple of weeks ago we would generally be looking at signings from the Scottish leagues as we couldn’t really afford players from the English leagues (though considering some of the utter duds he has signed from the English leagues and if they have always generally been more expensive I’m not too sure why at times he bothered)

given the McGinty signing plus possibly looking at a Birmingham striker I presume something has possibly changed 

The striker from Brum does not seem to set the heather on fire. There are probably Thistle defenders with better scoring records.

8 minutes ago, costa said:

Gavin Reilly has had his contract offer withdrawn from Stubbs, I’d be on the phone to him, 22 goals last season.

maxresdefault.jpg

On ‎18‎/‎06‎/‎2018 at 19:41, Bishop Briggs said:

Torquay were relegated to the National League South (the sixth tier). McGinty was one of the few players to be offered a new deal.  Balatoni was released and has signed for Edinburgh City.

As a Torquay fan (now living in Edinburgh and getting to know my new local side), McGinty is definitely a level above Balatoni. He started every single league and cup game in his two years for us, was our captain last year and was offered a new contract. His spell coincided with us being an absolute mess, skint and fighting relegation both years, but he was relatively stable given what was going on around him, and it was the lack of quality around him that brought relegation. Balatoni arrived in January and played 16 times - doing ok but not excelling.

McGinty is a no nonsense type defender - big, physical and good in the air. With 4 goals last season he could have been our top goalscorer, but we signed a striker on 16th March that scored 6 goals in 7 starts and he ended up winning it. Biggest flaw is definitely when he's on the ball and distribution - his hoofs up the pitch nowhere near anyone were a running frustration, but if you don't ask much of him on the ball his other attributes make up for it. I'll be curious to see how he gets on, and will try to take in a Thistle game whilst groundhopping.

38 minutes ago, YassinMoutaouakil said:

Some coup appointing the current Germany manager as your new Chairperson, lads.

aslong as she doesn’t scratch her baws then smells it I’m fine.

One is apparently John Herron, released by fucking Raith Rovers. The two black dudes, no idea, could someone copy and paste whoever Macclesfield and Crewe have released?

Infact in the top photo, the only ones I definitely recognise are Spittal and Bannigan. Penrice on the left? Photos were taken on a nokia 3310 by the looks of it.

Edited by Firhill_Basin