The Partick Thistle thread

From a recent interview he wants to begin a career in the financial sector in Edinburgh. Seems a sensible move as he’ll pick up some p/t money and get regular first team football while he begins his plans for the future. Good luck to him.

1 hour ago, jagfox99 said:

Yinited are supposedly bringing some American investment on board.

Set to sign Adam Rooney and others this week.

I fear they'll buy the league :green

Jack Ross won the league for St Mirren last season. Not a lot of the players he signed were big players.

Livingston won the play offs to Premiership last season on a league one budget because they were organised, fit and well drilled.

At this level it’s about getting the right players not the most expensive ones.

1 minute ago, Loon From Outta Toon said:

Thoughts on Gary Fraser?
We’ve just signed him after his release from yous?

Too good for league one? Or would that be around his level?

If he stays fit this season it’s unlikely he’ll be with you for the next season. His injuries have put him back 2 years.

On 16/06/2018 at 03:13, Smurph said:

I've never understood why people get so upset when it takes a club ages to release the kit details,  it's not as if we're just not going to release one. It will come. No-one's going to be playing in it for another month anyway.

Imagine the outrage if they never did though. I'd quite like clubs to still wear the same kit for a few seasons. I guess not when it's Joma and it's as bad as ours, I haven't bought one in 10 years.

You've just given me a really good idea. :whistle

On 16/06/2018 at 11:45, cilitbang said:

Doesn’t affect me but I can sympathise with parents wanting to surprise their kids with a strip for a holiday or birthday present?

The sooner the new kit is out, the sooner people that want to buy it can put more money towards transfer budget.  

Also, when you see other clubs release their kits well in advance to your own club, can’t help but feel a little envy. 

ETA. I’m in the slightly envious camp.

On 16/06/2018 at 16:33, Fuctifano said:

Do we even make money per kit sale? I thought it was some deal where we got a sum up front from TTL and they took profit on the kits? 

Wearing your team's football shirt on holiday is the behaviour of OF fans and scheme goblins. 

My understanding is that we get a lump sum from TTL and a commission after we sell X amount of tops. 

On 16/06/2018 at 19:31, Thistle_do_nicely said:

Its likely I'm just being really thick, but im having huge issues renewing the season ticket (on my phone at minute but will try again on the desktop later, hopefully with more success)- ive tried exploring the site and tried the "buy season tickets now" + "quick renewal" options, but keep getting "There are no additional memberships available" message variants.

Went into the contact us bit to fire off an enquiry to get some advice and, rather helpfully, it appears not to be generating a box to enter some security code in (isnt even displaying a security code??) and so it wont let me fucking send my enquiry, cant get any help there.

Bah. PATG looking more and more tempting. If its too much of a battle to do it online ill try and phone the club or pop in on one of my days off to see if they'll help me renew in between rounds of ping-pong/darts or whatever the f**k they're up to.

Haven't you heard? It's Jenga this week. I also took delivery of a jigsaw so don't expect any activity until Thursday. 

On a serious note, is it possible that you have already renewed your season ticket through your phone? The fact it is saying no additional memberships available would indicate you have already purchased one. 

If you send the club a note through this page - https://ptfc.co.uk/contact-us/- with the details one of the team can email/phone you back at your convenience once they've had a look at your account. 

11 hours ago, Dr Koop said:

I renewed by phone. It seemed the most straightforward way. It was fine. An acknowledgment by email would have been nice, but other than that I will save my whining for the new season.

When you say renewed by phone do you mean through ticket site on phone or by calling up? If you called up you *should* either have had confirmation on the phone or an email when it was processed a little later. 

20 minutes ago, Loon From Outta Toon said:

Thoughts on Gary Fraser?
We’ve just signed him after his release from yous?

Too good for league one? Or would that be around his level?

I like Gary but I think his injury problems have put him back significantly. Going to be weird not to see him buzzing around when pre-season starts on Tuesday.  He didn't really star in his loan spell at Greenock Morton and he didn't really look like he had the confidence that he needs to perform effectively. If you can keep him fit and let him play then he should be one of the better players in the division. The ballboys will have some season of chasing after his 30 yarders which don't hit the target though. Plays best as a deep lying midfielder where he can ping one of his on-point sixty yard passed. 

It's almost four years since he produced THAT performance against Ross County. What a night that was! :wub:

Edited by South Lanarkshire Jag

If Gary Fraser stays fit and reproduces even a glimmer of the promise he showed when he first joined us then he’ll be the best player in League 1 by some distance.

Constant injuries seem to have completely ruined his confidence, and in turn, his potential, though. Pretty common knowledge that he’s had a bit of a hard time and needs an arm round the shoulder, which he’s acknowledged Archie and Shaggy were good at. Wish him all the best. Was always desperate for him to get through all his injuries and to make it at Thistle.

The way he started the 2014-15 season  I thought we were going to sell Fraser for seven figures, then he got injured and hasn't ever been close to that level since.  I heard (third hand admittedly but from someone who does now him) he had a crack in his kneecap that will never properly heal which is why he kept coming back then dropping out for months again.

If you play him as a deep lying midfielder he can spray passes everywhere but he can't tackle and will give the ball away in your own half lots. If you play him as a number 10 you remove the defensive mishaps and open up the goal chances, but he will just shoot from 30 yards out lots. Brilliant when it comes off, mind. I thought we'd be playing against him this year.

Also, this was great

19 minutes ago, UnitedLoon63 said:

Best position?

Box to box midfielder when’s he fit.  He’s partial to a Hollywood pass or shot. All he needs is a year without injuries or drama and he’ll be a bottom 6 Premiership or top 3 championship midfielder. IMO

South Lanarkshire Jag - I called the office and spoke to a gentleman there. An email was sent about 10 days later to make sure payment had gone through. A receipt of sorts I suppose.

12 hours ago, South Lanarkshire Jag said:

Haven't you heard? It's Jenga this week. I also took delivery of a jigsaw so don't expect any activity until Thursday. 

On a serious note, is it possible that you have already renewed your season ticket through your phone? The fact it is saying no additional memberships available would indicate you have already purchased one. 

If you send the club a note through this page - https://ptfc.co.uk/contact-us/- with the details one of the team can email/phone you back at your convenience once they've had a look at your account. 

Minesweeper is my personal weapon of choice to stave off the madness during any downtime, tbh.

Definitely not renewed for 18/19 on my phone or otherwise, but I think I've sort of found a workaround by using Internet Explorer rather than Chrome + on the desktop instead of my phone.

The main screen I'm on (and this is probably the part where someone points out I've managed to log in to an outdated link or I'm missing something similarly obvious) looks like this :

image.thumb.png.8f40750b5ececfc4a22e3c9a18d17d20.png

Clicking on My Account takes me to my own account details and history; buy games leads to a blank screen with "There are no home games available at present"; season tickets leads me to this memberships screen. The Basket screen doesn't seem all that helpful, has a couple of links for buying additional tickets/memberships that just leads to dead ends as per the below.

Hitting Buy Season Tickets takes me to that "There are no additional memberships" screen, and hitting Quick Renewal gives me a slight variant of "There are no memberships available for you to renew".

Happily, by clicking the change seat box and then quick renewal it's giving me an option to change my seat which looks like it'll work, which I'm cool with.

Edit : I'm a pleb, and was indeed being at least a little bit dense - I've just had a look at the seat availability image when trying to change seat (the graphic for which wasn't displaying on my shitty phone yesterday) and it would appear my ST seat for 2017/18 is in one of the blocks which I'm guessing will be used to house smaller away supports over 2018/19, hence why it wouldn't let me renew!

It would have been a bit more helpful from interstadia if the message was along the lines of "We're unable to process your renewal as your chosen seat is no longer available, please select a new seat" and took me to the new seat bit rather than pretty much just "lol nope you can't renew and we're not telling you why" leaving me and my poor, useless brain to figure it out.

All sorted now though, woo!

image.thumb.png.47e6c1b5f46b2974d19c0e2bd59db211.png

Edited by Thistle_do_nicely

Kit's oot.  Would link but at work.  Quite nice, even if Just Employment Law seem desperate to have their logo be as invisible as possible.  Like they're ashamed or something.

Decent away top, certainly not the worst home top we've had.