The Partick Thistle thread

10 minutes ago, jagfox99 said:

We need at least 8 players to fill whatever abomonation TTL/ Joma bestow on us...

Playing in that exact kit would guarantee us promotion IMO. Definitely my favourite we’ve had. Trigger scoring goals for fun collar up.

4 minutes ago, Thistle4eva said:

Playing in that exact kit would guarantee us promotion IMO. Definitely my favourite we’ve had. Trigger scoring goals for fun collar up.

If only it was that simple...

4 hours ago, UnitedLoon63 said:

Frans signed for United two year deal, good signing?

I really liked Freddie Frans when he was with us. Comfortable enough in the Premiership, so if he is still to that standard then he'll stroll the Championship. The only thing is that he was pretty injury prone in his two seasons with us. Would I have loved Thistle to sign him? Yes. Is he worth the high(ish) wages he will be on? Probably not.

I don’t remember him being stellar. He was good but nothing more than that. An extremely likable fellow though so he was liked by faithful. I’ll throw this out but I think OWare, Barton and Keown are better players on their days. But I would think we’re going to be bringing in at very least two more centre halves. I can’t see Keown or Barton staying and I can’t see us competing through season with just two in that position.

No new kit, only two bodies in. But I believe next 2-3 weeks will be busy. Excited to hear about the rumours and names coming in!

Frans was a solid Premiership player. Should be very good at this level. Probably not the best use of our budget, but would have still liked to see him back in red & yellow next season, provided his ability hasnt fallen off a cliff. 

Edited by Nightmare

I've never understood why people get so upset when it takes a club ages to release the kit details,  it's not as if we're just not going to release one. It will come. No-one's going to be playing in it for another month anyway.

Imagine the outrage if they never did though. I'd quite like clubs to still wear the same kit for a few seasons. I guess not when it's Joma and it's as bad as ours, I haven't bought one in 10 years.

9 hours ago, Smurph said:

I've never understood why people get so upset when it takes a club ages to release the kit details,  it's not as if we're just not going to release one. It will come. No-one's going to be playing in it for another month anyway.

Imagine the outrage if they never did though. I'd quite like clubs to still wear the same kit for a few seasons. I guess not when it's Joma and it's as bad as ours, I haven't bought one in 10 years.

Doesn’t affect me but I can sympathise with parents wanting to surprise their kids with a strip for a holiday or birthday present?

The sooner the new kit is out, the sooner people that want to buy it can put more money towards transfer budget.  

Also, when you see other clubs release their kits well in advance to your own club, can’t help but feel a little envy. 

ETA. I’m in the slightly envious camp.

Edited by cilitbang

Yeeaaaaars ago when I worked in a shop doing St Mirrens kit you'd get fat idiots every year going mental as "the tap won't be oot fur ma holiday". Their seethe was hilarious.

Do we even make money per kit sale? I thought it was some deal where we got a sum up front from TTL and they took profit on the kits? 

Wearing your team's football shirt on holiday is the behaviour of OF fans and scheme goblins. 

Its likely I'm just being really thick, but im having huge issues renewing the season ticket (on my phone at minute but will try again on the desktop later, hopefully with more success)- ive tried exploring the site and tried the "buy season tickets now" + "quick renewal" options, but keep getting "There are no additional memberships available" message variants.

Went into the contact us bit to fire off an enquiry to get some advice and, rather helpfully, it appears not to be generating a box to enter some security code in (isnt even displaying a security code??) and so it wont let me fucking send my enquiry, cant get any help there.

Bah. PATG looking more and more tempting. If its too much of a battle to do it online ill try and phone the club or pop in on one of my days off to see if they'll help me renew in between rounds of ping-pong/darts or whatever the f**k they're up to.

Edited by Thistle_do_nicely

I renewed by phone. It seemed the most straightforward way. It was fine. An acknowledgment by email would have been nice, but other than that I will save my whining for the new season.

Bit of a comedown for big Conrad. From wanting to play abroad to playing in Scotland's bottom league on presumably part time wages!

https://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/competitions/league-two/coup-for-edinburgh-city-as-they-sign-conrad-balatoni-1-4755645
Cant believe Balatoni couldnt get a gig in the Championship. Would have happily kept him on after his wee stint with us.

6 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:
14 minutes ago, Sting777 said:
Bit of a comedown for big Conrad. From wanting to play abroad to playing in Scotland's bottom league on presumably part time wages!

https://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/competitions/league-two/coup-for-edinburgh-city-as-they-sign-conrad-balatoni-1-4755645

Cant believe Balatoni couldnt get a gig in the Championship. Would have happily kept him on after his wee stint with us.

Haven't really seen the big fella  since he left us, but unless he has seriously deteriorated I would have thought he would have got a championship side interested in him.