The Partick Thistle thread

1 minute ago, Quiteabig Deal said:

What the actual f**k happened Partick?

Looked like you flung it from March: even had a lottery fat c**t throwing money at you.  Good luck hope you come back up.

Lambie dies you go down? Coincidence? Get Gerry Briton on the case. 

We always get relegated when Lambie leaves us :(

Footballing wise we were utter shite. 

Thank you.

5 minutes ago, jagfox99 said:

Agree wholeheartedly with this point. I thought he looked decent on the right of the attacking three in a 4-2-3-1 at the start of the season. Even on the right of a four man midfield.

However he isn't a central midfielder in a month of Sundays, imo.

Was great in the first few games but then our fitness team got hold of him.

That was him gubbed.

2 minutes ago, Thistle4eva said:

Was great in the first few games but then our fitness team got hold of him.

That was him gubbed.

I don't really agree with all this fitness chat. I don't know very much about sports science, the. I assume we'd have punted the 'fitness team if there was any evidence of them being inadequate?

Fundamentally the team lacks pace. Most of our late goals could be assigned to footballing inadequacies rather than the number of kms ran by the team.

8 minutes ago, jagfox99 said:

I don't really agree with all this fitness chat. I don't know very much about sports science, the. I assume we'd have punted the 'fitness team if there was any evidence of them being inadequate?

Fundamentally the team lacks pace. Most of our late goals could be assigned to footballing inadequacies rather than the number of kms ran by the team.

Yeah your probably right lol. However after his first few games I just remember him looking as if he was blowing out his backside constantly.

Just finding a position in the team for him to play or a system that would get the best out of him has proven very difficult.

1 hour ago, Quiteabig Deal said:

What the actual f**k happened Partick?

Looked like you flung it from March: even had a lottery fat c**t throwing money at you.  Good luck hope you come back up.

Lambie dies you go down? Coincidence? Get Gerry Briton on the case. 

They cleared the club's debt and are funding the youth academy, but they're not throwing money at anything directly relating to the first team. It's not a Roy MacGregor kind of situation where every time we go through a shaky spell they'll punt the manager and sign a bunch of random players.

It would be nice if Weirs did go full sugardaddy, but I don't think that's every going to happen.

4 hours ago, Thistle4eva said:

Erskine gets a free pass because he’s Erskine. One of the reasons we made the Premiership in the first place.

I don’t think Archie knows where to play Spittal. I don’t think he knows his best position either to be honest.

That is the fucking worst logic ever, I hate things like that. Archibald should get a free pass as well then surely?

Load of shite. If you play pish you deserve to be told you are playing shite, regardless of your stature at the club.

Reminds me of the days at killie when it was apparently a crime to say Pascali was fucking shite.

17 minutes ago, Nadroj said:

That is the fucking worst logic ever, I hate things like that. Archibald should get a free pass as well then surely?

Load of shite. If you play pish you deserve to be told you are playing shite, regardless of your stature at the club.

Reminds me of the days at killie when it was apparently a crime to say Pascali was fucking shite.

Don’t think he being serious at least I hope...

Of course he was being serious.

Doolan, Erskine and Lawless are the three players who seem to be given far more leeway than the rest of the team in terms of criticism. Have they earned that? Probably, but they shouldn't be totally immune from it.  Every single player let down the team this season, including these three; Erskine and Lawless in particular were pish for the majority of the season, and whilst Doolan scored some valuable goals, he was anonymous for long periods as well.

To many, Archibald does get a free pass as well. Which is also wrong. He should have been gone, but it is what it is.

Just now, Nightmare said:

Of course he was being serious.

Doolan, Erskine and Lawless are the three players who seem to be given far more leeway than the rest of the team in terms of criticism. Have they earned that? Probably, but they shouldn't be totally immune from it.  Every single player let down the team this season, including these three; Erskine and Lawless in particular were pish for the majority of the season, and whilst Doolan scored some valuable goals, he was anonymous for long periods as well.

To many, Archibald does get a free pass as well. Which is also wrong. He should have been gone, but it is what it is.

This couldn’t have put it better 

13 hours ago, Nadroj said:

I didn’t say he shouldn’t. Thought he was finished at one point this season. 

Simply stating Erskine won’t get the same grief as other players do because of what he’s done for the club previously.

17 hours ago, Nadroj said:

I quite enjoyed him on the Price Is Right but that feckin voice irritated the hell out of me!

Recent postings on this thread are making me miss unhappyh*n tbh. 

Hopefully the club will announce a pish League 2 signing or a new strip so we can moan about that instead of spelling/punctuation and whether or not Spittal is pish. To confirm, Spittal isn't very good. 

Edited by thistledo

1 hour ago, Pie Of The Month said:

I'm assuming this Jag001 creep is about 12 since he's red-dotting anyone who disagrees with him? Very odd behaviour.

Don’t really know why I dotted them all tbh not that bothered people don’t agree but I’m not 12.