The Partick Thistle thread

Clear out was needed, clear out achieved. Biggest disappointment for me is that McLaughlin was freed. Have seen a lot of the development squad and the boy has an eye for goal and has never been given a chance.  He wouldn't command a big wage and I reckon he was due another year to see if he could kick on. Of the rest, at a push I would have kept Keown and Storey (only if he was played as a striker) Booth and Lawless look like they have agreed options with other clubs, so good luck to them. Glad to se the rest go, especially Scully, Fraser and Dumbaya. Going to be an interesting few weeks in the transfer market, to say the least.

Clear out was needed, clear out achieved. Biggest disappointment for me is that McLaughlin was freed. Have seen a lot of the development squad and the boy has an eye for goal and has never been given a chance.  He wouldn't command a big wage and I reckon he was due another year to see if he could kick on. Of the rest, at a push I would have kept Keown and Storey (only if he was played as a striker) Booth and Lawless look like they have agreed options with other clubs, so good luck to them. Glad to se the rest go, especially Scully, Fraser and Dumbaya. Going to be an interesting few weeks in the transfer market, to say the least.

I’ve a feeling that McLaughlin was another Chris Duggan or Kevin Nisbet who’ll absolutely pish the development league but won’t ever make the step up to top end championship/bottom end premiership level. Good luck to him.

Very glad the club made a point of digging out Edwards. Before folk respond to his inevitable grovelling social media post, they should consider the speed at which he turned his back on the club and fans that he'll no doubt shower with praise. Very much in the Kenny Milne Premier League of c***s for me.

On the most part, I agree wholeheartedly with the release list. Disappointed to see Lamont and McLaughlin leave though - I think both will go on to have decent enough careers.

I think it's a sad end for Osman but he's not helped himself one iota. The #itsnoteasy malarkey has been an easy stick to beat him with but the fact remains that he's seemed more concerned with advancing his own interests than performing his duties at club captain. Nonetheless, he was a very good player for us for a number of seasons and that shouldn't be lost in amongst a raft of cheap snap-backs.

As others have said, no contract would have been offered to Lawless as he indicated he would be leaving. He's also been a very good player for us and one that I'm glad we won't have to face next season; I think some folk might only realise what a good player he is until he's on the other side.

25 minutes ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

I’ve a feeling that McLaughlin was another Chris Duggan or Kevin Nisbet who’ll absolutely pish the development league but won’t ever make the step up to top end championship/bottom end premiership level. Good luck to him.

With the goals he has scored, the fact that he isn't even 20 yet and most importantly he wouldnt command a huge wage, means to me he was worth another year and giving him a slot on the bench to see what he could do in the Championship. Have a feeling he might be lining up against us next season!

Edited by Sting777

13 hours ago, Pie Of The Month said:

They deserve every last bit of abuse coming their way. c***s like Edwards think that saying they are gutted on twitter before fucking off to find another club absolves them of blame and the tens of people who reply to their every tweet all season going 'you were great, unlucky today. One team in Glasgow *40 Belgian flags*' are even worse.

The players involved probably don't deserve any sympathy but only an absolute moron/coward would actively seek them out via social media.

6 minutes ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

The players involved probably don't deserve any sympathy but only an absolute moron/coward would actively seek them out via social media.

Ryan Edwards has a specific twitter set up for his professional life because he has a massively inflated sense of his own self worth. It's hardly tracking someone down to their private facebook account to reply to family pictures calling him a c**t to call him out by saying he's shite when for the umpteenth time this season he's been terrible and posts the same inane shite all footballers do about how great the fans were and he'll go again next week.

9 minutes ago, Nightmare said:

Anyone else seen Ryan Scully’s rant/farewell message about his release?

What an embarrassment. Hope the c**t enjoys sitting on Ayr United’s bench next season.

No link it please?

5 minutes ago, Nightmare said:

Anyone else seen Ryan Scully’s rant/farewell message about his release?

What an embarrassment. Hope the c**t enjoys sitting on Ayr United’s bench next season.

"Give me a separate article, you insensitive c***s" :bairn

To be fair to him though, meat and cheese is terrific.

Just now, Firhill_Basin said:

Did the club not let him know and he only found out through the article on the website? Surely someone would have informed him.

What did he do the message on? Anyway I thought he looked shite when he did play no loss there definitely 

1 minute ago, Firhill_Basin said:

DeHA1ouXkAA1SpR.jpg

Ehh not as bad as I thought it would be but dose he think we will say thanks what do we have to thank him for? f**k all we have paid money to watch him and the rest of the c***s and he was terrible bye bye

16 hours ago, Flashman said:

Surely now the season us over the club can give some clarity on what is happening with Banzo and his injury?

Stuart Bannigan played about 65 minutes in the last Development League match of the season and seemed to come through it without any problems. I think he's also played in another two bounce games since before the development squad got informed of their release. He was in the squad for the Livingston match on Sunday but didn't make the final cut of 18, which is also encouraging. He needs to come back flying in pre-season but I wouldn't put it past him. 

2 hours ago, Sting777 said:

Biggest disappointment for me is that McLaughlin was freed. Have seen a lot of the development squad and the boy has an eye for goal and has never been given a chance.  

McLaughlin has a great knack for being in the right place at the right time and it's true that he bagged a lot at Development League level. When he went out on loan at Stirling Albion, however, he didn't really make an impact for them. I think he is a technically good footballer but don't really think he'd make an impact in the Championship at this time. 

2 hours ago, Armand 2 said:

Disappointed to see Lamont and McLaughlin leave though - I think both will go on to have decent enough careers.

I've never really understood Lamont as a footballer. He started as a winger before going on to make himself a deep lying playmaker. I think he'll go to Clyde and win the league with them next season. 

10 minutes ago, Firhill_Basin said:

Did the club not let him know and he only found out through the article on the website? Surely someone would have informed him.

All players were informed by the Club, most on Monday or Tuesday, of their fates prior to the information being made public. 

To be fair, if the first thing he knew about his release was via the website statement, that is very, very  poor.  Have never rated him, glad to see him gone, but he does deserve better than that. In reality we should have shipped him out to the Pars after his loan spell there.

8 minutes ago, South Lanarkshire Jag said:

I've never really understood Lamont as a footballer. He started as a winger before going on to make himself a deep lying playmaker. I think he'll go to Clyde and win the league with them next season. 

Never really fancied him as a winger but thought he looked promising in a more central position. Agree that he'll likely do well at Clyde, should he end up there.