The Partick Thistle thread

1 minute ago, Slacker said:

Are we just not offering Lawless a contract because he’s already said he’s signing with someone else? Or because we genuinely don’t want him?

Happy with that list. Would’ve kept Keown though. 

I'd be absolutely staggered if it wasn't something along the lines that he's already told us he's away so there's no point in offering him a deal.

Just now, Thistle_do_nicely said:

I'd be absolutely staggered if it wasn't something along the lines that he's already told us he's away so there's no point in offering him a deal.

I think that’s pretty much the case. 

11 minutes ago, Hammer Jag said:

They offered Scully a new deal but he dropped the pen.

I was sure that he had a decent win/loss percentage so I did a quick Google search. Imagine my surprise when I read that he once featured on a Spanish football website as their equivalent of 'Wid Of The Week'. :lol:

Happy with that list. Would liked to keep Lawless but that was always unlikely. I suspect he’s off elsewhere and good luck to him. Wouldn’t mind Keown staying either. Absolutely delighted to see Devine and Woods away.

41 minutes ago, Thistle_do_nicely said:

edit: I'm assuming that Barton, Keown and Storey are staying to keep drawing a wage until they find a new move, rather than agreeing to terminate their contracts and possibly have to spend a few weeks haggling to get a new deal elsewhere from a relative position of weakness since they'd be without a guaranteed wage at a club.

I don't believe Barton, Keown or Storey had the same release clause in their contract as other players - hence transfer list is the only option unless we pay up the rest of their deal.

I don't get why folk feel the need to abuse players on twitter who are leaving. I've had right mad rants after a skinful of ale or sober and teed off on players, managers, grannies etc who hasn't, but actively making an effort to directly seek out these boys and give them abuse  that they are going to see and then have folk commending them for it. Fucking Old Firm behaviour. 

Edited by Firhill_Basin

6 minutes ago, Firhill_Basin said:

I don't get why folk feel the need to abuse players on twitter who are leaving. I've had right mad rants after a skinful of ale or sober and teed off on players, managers, grannies etc who hasn't, but actively making an effort to directly seek out these boys and give them abuse  that they are going to see and then have folk commending them for it. Fucking Old Firm behaviour. 

They deserve every last bit of abuse coming their way. c***s like Edwards think that saying they are gutted on twitter before fucking off to find another club absolves them of blame and the tens of people who reply to their every tweet all season going 'you were great, unlucky today. One team in Glasgow *40 Belgian flags*' are even worse.

27 minutes ago, Firhill_Basin said:

what Players were abused?

There has been a number of folk abusing Osman for months on there, despite the fact hes never really said anything negative about the club. I'm quite happy for him to disappear and sell his t-shirts, but telling him to f**k off and hes shite directly in the middle of the season,  was just arsehole behaviour. Seems to be a fashionable trend as of late to just give him mindless abuse. 

I mean if he comes out and says something like hes too good for us or slags the club like Edwards, then fair game and I'll change my tune, maybe.

Edited by Firhill_Basin

1 hour ago, Thistle_do_nicely said:

Theres a guy on our forum who's adamant he's joining us, and reckons he'd have stayed at Thistle if they'd stayed up as they'd offered him a contract 

12 hours ago, Slacker said:

Are we just not offering Lawless a contract because he’s already said he’s signing with someone else? Or because we genuinely don’t want him?

Happy with that list. Would’ve kept Keown though. 

Yeah, add me to this pile.  Not that we would or should have kept Mcginn but he'd already officially signed for St Mirren by the time we put this list out. 

Does that mean we're stuck with the transfer listed 3 on Premier league wages? 

There seems to be a lot of regret at the departure of Lawless but it's worth remembering that, apart from a few good performances at the tail end of the season, he's been as rank rotten as the rest of them. I don't think he made anymore of an impact over last season as a whole than the much maligned Blair Spittal.

13 minutes ago, Walter said:

There seems to be a lot of regret at the departure of Lawless but it's worth remembering that, apart from a few good performances at the tail end of the season, he's been as rank rotten as the rest of them. I don't think he made anymore of an impact over last season as a whole than the much maligned Blair Spittal.

Tbh I think it’s cause he done well in the championship the last time