The Partick Thistle thread

Paton is a Tesco value Joey Barton, a thick ned who think's he's intelligent. At championship level he might be worth another go- might depend how badly he burnt his bridges with his arse-kissing of McNamara and slagging of Thistle in the press in the summer of 2013.

Glenn Daniels and Paul Slane for me, please. I am worried people will suggest Balatoni and Welsh and be serious about it though.

Edited by Fuctifano

2 hours ago, Jag0001 said:

Maybe Erskine but even then he’s not really I could see McCarthy in the future if he stays but definitely we need a leader and Center mid and a Center back and a right back the sentence goes on and on

FTFY

We couldn’t afford Frans when we were in the Premiership. Can’t him returning.

I’ve said for a while that I wouldn’t have Paton back as he’s limited as f**k. That was before we were relegated though. I’d take him back now but I can’t see it happening.

I think Balatoni will be the only one of that team returning this summer with Lawless departing.

Hearts are eyeing up a summer move for Partick Thistle midfielder Ryan Edwards. The Australian, who featured in Thistle's Premiership play off defeat by Livingston, is not keen on playing in the Championship following their relegation. (Scottish Sun)

Good luck to him. He always seems to impress fans of other teams I’ve talked to. We’ll need a new press officer though...

44 minutes ago, jagfox99 said:

Good luck to him. He always seems to impress fans of other teams I’ve talked to. We’ll need a new press officer though...

I'll drive him there myself, I don't trust him not to drive there aimlessly knocking people over as he goes. 

56 minutes ago, jagsfan57 said:

Do we really want to bring players back that were here 4 or 5 years ago ?
Maybe if they have been playing consistently well at Championship level or above.

Paton did alright with St. Johnstone, and going by the Big Fucking Belgian's twitter feed I think he won Lierse's POTY (although not sure of the standard over there). I think they'd be decent Championship signings. They'd probably be the only two ex-players I'd want though.

Hearts are eyeing up a summer move for Partick Thistle midfielder Ryan Edwards. The Australian, who featured in Thistle's Premiership play off defeat by Livingston, is not keen on playing in the Championship following their relegation. (Scottish Sun)

I’d let him go. He’s good at running about and playing on the counter attack but not much else.

11 minutes ago, Slacker said:

Paton did alright with St. Johnstone, and going by the Big Fucking Belgian's twitter feed I think he won Lierse's POTY (although not sure of the standard over there). I think they'd be decent Championship signings. They'd probably be the only two ex-players I'd want though.

Paton "did alright" because he was the only CM we had who doesn't suffer consistent injuries. 

He was released in January as he was the most dispensable member of the squad, and we replaced him with a rookie from Man U who looked about four times the player.