The Partick Thistle thread

I don't think Alan Archibald is a dreadful manager but surprised Thistle have stuck with him. Thought the club would have looked to build some fresh enthusiasm and not sure that'll happen by keeping him. The second play-off game especially should have set the alarm bells ringing, the Jags looked a side devoid of any belief or direction.
It'll be interesting to see how ruthless he is with the squad.
Think that is the point, the side looked devoid of direction or passion, the club statement stated that Archibald took some of the blame for that and was getting the chance to correct that, and they also said that the squad had to be rebuilt from scratch which answers your other question, which also means that they will be a vastly different side from the one in the playoffs, hopefully better, but if not, I'm sure the board will make the required changes.

15 minutes ago, third lanark said:

Nope still very much a Partick Thistle player - will be a first team regular at last with booth away 

I'd rather have him in midfield.

17 hours ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

Three major cup finals actually. Lost them all to Celtic.

I remembered the 3-1 loss with Skerla scoring, completely forgot about the other two even although they were more recent. Additionally, remembered the loss to Hafnarfjordur, but not Hacken, which again was more recent. f**k knows what happened to my football memory between 2005 and 2007, probably something to do with the trauma of Dick Campbell managing Thistle meaning I’ve blanked the whole period out.

But aye, just further reinforces the point that our cup record compared to similarly sized clubs is dreadful.

I remembered the 3-1 loss with Skerla scoring, completely forgot about the other two even although they were more recent. Additionally, remembered the loss to Hafnarfjordur, but not Hacken, which again was more recent. f**k knows what happened to my football memory between 2005 and 2007, probably something to do with the trauma of Dick Campbell managing Thistle meaning I’ve blanked the whole period out.
But aye, just further reinforces the point that our cup record compared to similarly sized clubs is dreadful.

I’m a bit like that. I have a clear memory of some games from 10+ years ago, and not exactly significant/important games either, whilst I could only guess at the majority of our results from 2014/15.

I imagine it’s a coping mechanism for just about every (diddy team) football fan.

4 minutes ago, Cerberus said:

Also a useful gif for Devine, Osman, Dumbuya, Woods, Scully, McGinn, Storey.

I'd actually keep Storey as long as Archibald doesn't plan on using him out wide. Apart from him there's no pace in the team.

34 minutes ago, jagfox99 said:

I'd actually keep Storey as long as Archibald doesn't plan on using him out wide. Apart from him there's no pace in the team.

I was saying this on Sunday.  When you look at some of the names of strikers in the Championship I'd rather him than a lot of them.

As always pretty slow on the uptake here - I'm guessing from the club statement that the bit about “The rebuilding of the team got underway on Monday. Further news on this will be announced by the end of this week." means that a decision's been made on who is getting punted and we've offered new (and not improved, I would imagine) contracts on Monday to the players we want to keep, giving them a deadline of today/early tomorrow to decide.

Means that whoever doesn't agree terms by today/tomorrow can be announced as departures along with whoever is getting shifted on regardless and we can start the rebuild with whoever's left as quickly as possible now that we're confirmed doon.

Would quite like us to look for someone that can be a convincing club captain whoever stays or goes - not really convinced by anyone in the squad as being real leaders.

Edited by Thistle_do_nicely

49 minutes ago, Thistle_do_nicely said:

As always pretty slow on the uptake here - I'm guessing from the club statement that the bit about “The rebuilding of the team got underway on Monday. Further news on this will be announced by the end of this week." means that a decision's been made on who is getting punted and we've offered new (and not improved, I would imagine) contracts on Monday to the players we want to keep, giving them a deadline of today/early tomorrow to decide.

Means that whoever doesn't agree terms by today/tomorrow can be announced as departures along with whoever is getting shifted on regardless and we can start the rebuild with whoever's left as quickly as possible now that we're confirmed doon.

Would quite like us to look for someone that can be a convincing club captain whoever stays or goes - not really convinced by anyone in the squad as being real leaders.

Maybe Erskine but even then he’s not really I could see McCarthy in the future if he stays but definitely we need a leader and Center mid and a Center back and a right back the list goes on and on