The Partick Thistle thread

To me the Archibald statement just brings negativity to the season before it even starts and if he have a poor start like we have last few seasons then the Archibald in or Archibald out argument gets worse 

7 hours ago, Jag0001 said:

To me the Archibald statement just brings negativity to the season before it even starts and if he have a poor start like we have last few seasons then the Archibald in or Archibald out argument gets worse 

If we have another season starting with no league wins in the first ten matches there won’t be any arguments regarding the manager, tbf. It’s quite an unequivocal statement from the board. Hopefully it has the desired effect.

Edited by jagfox99

I like the statement (apart from the playing the Partick Thistle way) just not the decision to me Archibald tends to sign duds so If we are going to chuck a bit of money then probably best not letting him sign the players 

Aye the man doesn't seem to have an eye for a player at all, so I'm not sure having him in charge of starting a team from scratch is the best idea.

Playing "the Partick Thistle way" is just cringeworthy patter. We played nice passing football for about three seasons. Lambie's teams were hardly tic y taca merchants and we'd kill for those days again.

If we have players capable of following the manager’s game plan it’ll be an improvement!

Any news on Balatoni and Sean Welsh yet? :rolleyes:

10 minutes ago, velo army said:

Aye the man doesn't seem to have an eye for a player at all, so I'm not sure having him in charge of starting a team from scratch is the best idea.

Playing "the Partick Thistle way" is just cringeworthy patter. We played nice passing football for about three seasons. Lambie's teams were hardly tic y taca merchants and we'd kill for those days again.

Not the only cringe patter around Firhill recently. Someone needs to tell the new announcer to wrap it with the "Only team in Glasgow" pish. We are the only Glasgow team in the Championship.

10 minutes ago, Flashman said:

Not the only cringe patter around Firhill recently. Someone needs to tell the new announcer to wrap it with the "Only team in Glasgow" pish. We are the only Glasgow team in the Championship.

Also "Get right behind the red and yellow army". I thought we were the red and yellow army.

1 hour ago, Flashman said:

The new announcer is indeed a tool. Was in a packed Alan Rough Lounge for hospitality against Aberdeen and his attempts at humour were brutal; daft "in" jokes that nobody bar Thistle staff understood. 

Michael Max is the best man for the job - but he's also the best man for multiple other jobs too. An unsung hero.

Edited by Armand 2

16 hours ago, jagfox99 said:

Jordan Thompson and Scott Pittman apparently out of contract at the end if the month with Rangers and Livi respectively. Through in Penrice and there's our centre midfield sorted...

Will we be looking at a forward such as Hardie or Reilly? Two hairy arsed centre defenders need sourced too.

http://livingstonfc.co.uk/rafa-pitts-staying-put/

Also still hearing Penrice has been released via relegation clause

Edited by ATLIS

I don't think Alan Archibald is a dreadful manager but surprised Thistle have stuck with him. Thought the club would have looked to build some fresh enthusiasm and not sure that'll happen by keeping him. The second play-off game especially should have set the alarm bells ringing, the Jags looked a side devoid of any belief or direction.

It'll be interesting to see how ruthless he is with the squad.