The Partick Thistle thread

1 hour ago, Dollar Jag said:

Partick Thistle's board should retain faith in manager Alan Archibald and "resist drastic changes" following their Scottish Premiership relegation, says Ian McCall.

"The one thing they've got to do is stick with their manager," McCall said.

"Archie's already proved he can win that league and proved himself a terrific young manager. Knowing him, and [chairman] David Beattie does know him, this will just make him more determined to get it right.

"They've got to resist drastic changes and put faith in him. Alan will know if they don't start the season well, then he'll be under pressure, but I think the time for big change isn't now."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/44195234

Ian McCall hasn't had to sit and watch our atrocious attempt at playing football this season, so his opinion means f**k all.

2 minutes ago, Nightmare said:

Ian McCall hasn't had to sit and watch our atrocious attempt at playing football this season, so his opinion means f**k all.

Even if he had, the final clause of your sentence is still true.

He's got another 2 years left on his deal and considering he signed that deal in February when we were clearly in a relegation battle the club would've needed to have been incredibly stupid to include any sort of clause in it that he can go if we go down.

If anyone wants him they'd be paying for him.

24 minutes ago, ATLIS said:

We're being linked with James Penrice - would be brilliant to get him back home

By whom?

2 hours ago, ATLIS said:

We're being linked with James Penrice - would be brilliant to get him back home

Where was the link? That’s worrying if we are going to lose him so soon as expected him to be a key player for us the next couple of years 

Just why he was on the bench today beggared belief when we started with a right footed left back. We created more when he came in than we did in the two games put together. Just one of many baffling decisions this season

He played the 1st game

3 hours ago, Nightmare said:

He didn't have to but he did on a number of occassions. I saw him  last in the JH stand at the Ross County game a couple of weeks ago. 

His opinion is as relevant as anyone's. 

Now that relegation has been confirmed, I want him to stay.  I’ve been a vociferous critic of his for most of the season and up until yesterday I was adamant that he had to go, regardless of what happened. 

I still believe he should have been emptied after the performance at Rugby Park in December and I still think that had we won our play-off,  ‘mutual consent’ would have been the best deal all round for everyone. If the board do decide to sack him, he can have no compliants. It’s been an unbelievably bad season and Archibald has to take a huge proportion of blame for a variety of reasons.

That being said, the fact we’re now a second tier club means that the likelihood of us attracting a better quality of manager is negligible. I could be wrong, but I don’t think that we would be able to entice anyone better than the likes of John Hughes, Jim McIntyre or Peter Houston. Had we survived, I would have been much more confident of a bigger name.

Archibald  has won the league before. There are numerous players out of contract so there will be scope to completely overhaul the squad. The wages that will be freed up coupled with our parachute payment means he should have a fair budget to work with. He has enough experience in the second tier as a player and as a  manager to know what is required.

I would much rather see the back of charlatans like Woods, Osman, Barton and Dumbuya.  Give Archibald one more window to build a squad around trusted players like Erskine, Doolan and Cerny.

I’m starting to sound like a fucking happy clapper.

Edited by Hammer Jag