The Partick Thistle thread

2 hours ago, Red 'N Yellow said:

Whos all jumping down to the Energy Check stadium on friday then?

https://ptfc.co.uk/ptfc-news/jags-sign-six-figure-deal-for-stadium-naming-rights/

I totally get the financial thing and the "everyone will still call it Firhill" argument - but I can't get past the idea that this type of stadium rename is just really naff. Firhill is one the best known old grounds and it seems a shame to saddle it with a shite name like that. If it was at Fir Park, I'd be dead against it even if it did pay a players wages or whatever (because football supporters are allowed to be irrational).

We're not obliged to call it by the new name over Firhill, we're making a bit of extra cash and on that note, I'm pretty content.

A few hundred grand is the most that many teams in Scotland would be realistically selling the naming rights for - apart from Celtic and Rangers, maybe Hearts, Hibs and Aberdeen at a push.

Don't see the fuss myself.

I cringed when I read this, but it seems like free money for three years, so that'll be fine then.

"Lassie is filthy" patter is a bit tragic though. Teenage hyper-macho pish, Gie that a by.

With that money maybe we'll get a nice shiny new player, or a new pitch, or we'll spunk it on something forgettable. Exciting times.