The Partick Thistle thread

5 hours ago, dave.j said:

That's fine if you only his posts on here. I don't have an issue with that.

What I find weird is creating another profile on another forum, posting a complete horseshit story "for a laugh". When you get panned for it, then creating a brand new thread, not to admit you were actually a wean, but to keep the lie going. So that other users apologise for being critical of you. That's trolling.

I have no idea if he's 14 or 21 or even a Thistle fan.

I will confirm for about the 5th time that I am 14 years old, support Partick Thistle FC and my favourite player is the famous striker Kristopher Doolan.

5 hours ago, dave.j said:

That's fine if you only his posts on here. I don't have an issue with that.

What I find weird is creating another profile on another forum, posting a complete horseshit story "for a laugh". When you get panned for it, then creating a brand new thread, not to admit you were actually a wean, but to keep the lie going. So that other users apologise for being critical of you. That's trolling.

I have no idea if he's 14 or 21 or even a Thistle fan.

Why do you care?

5 minutes ago, dave.j said:

I think care is far too an emotive term to use.

He's a troll. I can't be fucked with people who troll their own fans and WAT has enough of them already.

Just ignore him. Whether he's 14 or 21 he's still far younger than you and if he agitates you that much really isn't worth the time of day. Chasing-up every inane comment he makes just makes you look a bit obsessed.

Just ignore him. Whether he's 14 or 21 he's still far younger than you and if he agitates you that much really isn't worth the time of day. Chasing-up every inane comment he makes just makes you look a bit obsessed.

I've not chased up every comment. I'm just conversing, most replies have probably been to other people who have questioned my stance. it's polite to reply if someone responds by quoting or referencing you.

But you're right. He's better on ignore. [emoji108]

Today was further case, for me, that Barton and Osman can't play in the same team. Kills us when we try to go forward since neither are bothered about joining the attack. Both haven't started the season particularly well, but I would have one or the other playing with Bannigan when all are fit.

3 hours ago, GrahamJags said:

Today was further case, for me, that Barton and Osman can't play in the same team. Kills us when we try to go forward since neither are bothered about joining the attack. Both haven't started the season particularly well, but I would have one or the other playing with Bannigan when all are fit.

Agree ! Barton offers hee haw to midfield IMO.. Great sweeper though. Reminds me of when lambie moved Paterson into midfield. As much as it made sense to do so, it didn't really work.

We won't see Barton back to his most effective until we start playing the 3-5-2 again.

I'd tend to agree with the suggestions that he & Osman aren't great in the middle of the park next to each other. If we're going 4-2-3-1 I'd be having Bannigan in there for Barton right now.

It appeared that the psychology of everyone involved at the club yesterday was that "first goal's the winner". It perpetuated every single pre match interview with players and management alike. I was very concerned before the game that if St Johnstone got ahead, we'd have built them up so consciously as this immoveable force - and it proved as such.

It appeared that the psychology of everyone involved at the club yesterday was that "first goal's the winner". It perpetuated every single pre match interview with players and management alike. I was very concerned before the game that if St Johnstone got ahead, we'd have built them up so consciously as this immoveable force - and it proved as such.

The thing is its not far from the truth. St Johnstone prepare day in day out. Every hour of every minute to defend a 1 goal lead. They've done it for years.

We prepare for it 4 times a season.

Who's going to be better prepared?

How many games have St Johnstone lost, from being a goal up at half time? Genuine question. But I doubt it's many.

The thing is its not far from the truth. St Johnstone prepare day in day out. Every hour of every minute to defend a 1 goal lead. They've done it for years.

We prepare for it 4 times a season.

Who's going to be better prepared?

How many games have St Johnstone lost, from being a goal up at half time? Genuine question. But I doubt it's many.

In the league we didn't lose one game last season after taking the lead.

Not impressed that the game on 23 September has been moved back by an hour to make certain that we encounter pissed up Old Firm fans on our way to the game (rather than it just being a possibility). I really don't get the reasoning behind this. The game at Ibrox will be over at say, 1.50pm and by the time the roasters are in full swing (from whatever side), we'd have been safely inside Firhill. Kicking off our game at 4pm guarantees that the fannies will be coming into pubs where Jags and Jambos are having comradely chat and we'll be forced to listen to their shite and tolerate being patronised. Pish. Utter pish.

2 hours ago, archie guevara said:

Not impressed that the game on 23 September has been moved back by an hour to make certain that we encounter pissed up Old Firm fans on our way to the game (rather than it just being a possibility). I really don't get the reasoning behind this. The game at Ibrox will be over at say, 1.50pm and by the time the roasters are in full swing (from whatever side), we'd have been safely inside Firhill. Kicking off our game at 4pm guarantees that the fannies will be coming into pubs where Jags and Jambos are having comradely chat and we'll be forced to listen to their shite and tolerate being patronised. Pish. Utter pish.

If it was going to be an issue for Police Scotland then the game should have remained in Edinburgh (like it originally was) and just played at Murrayfield like all of Hearts' other moved fixtures.

On the other hand it does at least mean that I can go for a pre-match pint without the Old Firm game being on the telly in the pub.