The Partick Thistle thread

3 minutes ago, Sting777 said:

Nah, Toastie is a copper these days. The reason they left Thistle for Motherwell was that Motherwell offered them double the wages they were on at Firhill. Something you would turn down for doing the same job? Thought not!

No need to be so defensive because you came up with a completely shite suggestion for our new manager.

5 minutes ago, Pie Of The Month said:

No need to be so defensive because you came up with a completely shite suggestion for our new manager.

No defensiveness here, just stating facts. If it comes down to needing a new manager who do you want....Jim Duffy?

Edited by Sting777

Just now, Sting777 said:

No defensiveness here, just stating facts. Who do you want....Jim Duffy?

The “who would we get in” is one of the most frustrating attitudes prevalent in a section of the Thistle support.

The answer is the best candidate who applies for the job.

There is no case for Archibald to remain.

No defensiveness here, just stating facts. If it comes down to needing a new manager who do you want....Jim Duffy?

We are allowed to consider guys that haven’t played for us previously.

I can’t see the board sacking him unfortunately. Have a horrible feeling it will be John Hughes if he does go though.

Hi lads . 

Just wanted to pop in to say that I truly feel for you Jags.  You are a great bunch an I have always had a real soft spot and great respect for you all* and your club, and am genuinely sad to see you drop down again this year.

That being said, i've always enjoyed a wee day at Firhill and am looking forward to seeing you all again next season..... Chin up.

* except Jagfox. My message to you and you alone is this...... Get It Right Fucking Up You!!!

I think it’ll be Jim McIntyre. There was a bit on him on bbc the other week where he was on about how brilliant our board were for not sacking a manager just because he was doing a shite job, and how he was really keen to get back into it.

That said, unless he walks, I think it’s more likely Archibald will be kept.

1 hour ago, Pie Of The Month said:

What an odd defence of Booth. Acknowledging he's both made mistakes and other players have been worse therefore he's somehow not shite because what? He's fit?

He's been here 3 and a half years, not 5 and he's been shite. You can fail to understand that if you want but he's nowhere near good enough for the Premiership and probably isn't even good enough for a team challenging in the league below.

Firstly I do a apologise i thought he was on loan for a year before he signed.

.Secondly he played in our team for 3 seasons ? Whilst we were in the Premiership?

But he’s not good enough for the Premiership or teams in the league we will be in next season.

Bollocks

Stayed up and won at Ibrox and Easter Road didn't he. Archie is a pub manager. 

Yes but I couldn’t care less who we beat.
I care about the amount of teams we beat.
Would trade Ibrox/Celtic Park victory for 2 wins against pish like Dundee.
Also has installed the leagues worst defence. (We have conceded more times than any other team in this league)

Also his win % is laughable.