The Partick Thistle thread

A rumour going about we've had Lawless signed for the past few weeks but haven't announced due to the Play-Offs.

Good player, deserves to keep playing in the prem. Also one of the few to put in a bit of fight.

I would have thought Cerny would be the first player top flight clubs would be looking at, and the one player you'd have the hardest time keeping.  Guess contractual issues are the telling point.  

He’s talked before about how much he enjoys playing for the club so don’t think he’ll look for a move, assuming his contract stays the same. We have him for another year as well so I’d be surprised if we let him go.

Sorry to see the Jags come down, but welcome to the jungle anyway. Looking forward to a couple of trips to the west end (plus potentially pay off match). Its going to be pretty competitive with yourselves, Roy McGregor's boys, snecky, DU and ourselves - we are going to be a different proposition next season. 

There will be some pushovers of course, like Ayr and Scumvermin.

15 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:

Yeah.  Hibs maybe.  Hearts keeper is away, I believe.  

We had Cammy Bell on a short term contract, just finished. Marciano still no1, but Laidlaw will be back from long term injury shortly. 

Not really convinced by Cerny, TBH

2 minutes ago, Green Day said:

We had Cammy Bell on a short term contract, just finished. Marciano still no1, but Laidlaw will be back from long term injury shortly. 

Not really convinced by Cerny, TBH

We got him from Hibs and the couldn't get a game in the Championship for them so I doubt he'll be on Lenny's wanted list.

Just now, jagfox99 said:

We got him from Hibs and the couldn't get a game in the Championship for them so I doubt he'll be on Lenny's wanted list.

I'd forgotten about that.  Hibs had some shocking keepers at the time, too.

Club statement

Partick Thistle Football Club Chairman, David Beattie, said:

“With relegation confirmed following today’s match, I would like to take this opportunity to apologise to our wonderful supporters who have stuck with us over a difficult season. As a fan myself, I know how much this Club means to you and I don’t underestimate how badly you and everyone associated with Thistle are hurting tonight.

“However, the fightback starts here. It is crucial that the work starts now to ensure that we go in to the 2018/19 season with the sole aim of making an immediate return to where we belong – the top flight of Scottish football. In the next few days, the Board is meeting to plan the strategy and tactics to do that. These discussions will look at every aspect of the Club to ensure that we make the right decisions for the future of Partick Thistle.

“I know that it is hard to even think about that now but together we can make things happen. Together We Are Thistle.”

Just now, jagfox99 said:
2 minutes ago, jagfox99 said:

We're gonna win the league. Yippee!

We're gonna win the league. Yippee!

297059-wile-e-coyote.jpg

If Partick truly 'belonged' in the top flight of Scottish football then they wouldn't have managed to get turned over in both legs of a play-off by a Mickey Mouse franchise outfit.  More hubristic nonsense that is currently ten a penny among clubs languishing in the second tier. 

2 minutes ago, virginton said:

If Partick truly 'belonged' in the top flight of Scottish football then they wouldn't have managed to get turned over in both legs of a play-off by a Mickey Mouse franchise outfit.  More hubristic nonsense that is currently ten a penny among clubs languishing in the second tier. 

We've missed you, virginton.

edit: I don't remember that autocorrect from the last time our clubs crossed paths though.

Edited by DiegoDiego